When I was pregnant, I craved Butterfinger Blizzards from DQ. 
I seldom eat them now but when I saw this recipe I had to try it seeing as I have a house full of boys who love butterfingers! These were such a hit, they were all devoured within 24 hours.

A recipe for Nutter Butter Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars has been floating around the internet and Pinterest for awhile now, but I tweaked it to be a tad less calories. 
Guess what, you cannot even taste the difference. My husband even thought they were better this less fat and calories time around.
Now, let me tell ya, there is bliss in less calories!!
What you'll need-the I Can't Believe it's Not Butter sticks are terrific, tender baked goods every time!!
16 whole nutter butter cookies or any other PB sandwich cookie
1/4 cup melted (1/2 stick) "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter"

cheesecake filling-
8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar/stevia blend ( I use Domino and love!)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
6 fun size Butterfinger chocolate bars

3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" stick

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x9 or 8 1/2 x 11 square dish with parchment/waxed paper and set aside. Grind nutter butter cookies in a food processor until the consistency of graham cracker crumbs or be like me and put them in a gallon bag and smash with a meat mallet. Pour in melted butter and mix. Press into prepared dish and set aside.
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla and flour. Finely chop butterfingers and fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over top nutter butter crust and bake for 18-22 minutes or until cheesecake has set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until completely chilled.
Pour chocolate chips and butter into a small bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds. If your chocolate is almost melted, don't put it back into the microwave, just keep stirring, the residual heat will melt them.Spread melted chocolate on top of the bars evenly and place back into the refrigerator 5-10 minutes to harden the chocolate. Remove from refrigerator and using the parchment, remove the entire block of bars from the pan. Cut into bars and serve.  I like to cut into 36 small bars. Store in the refrigerator. Grab one quick if you're a mom, they'll be gone before you know it!


"If baking is any labor at all, it's a labor of love. A love that gets passed from generation to generation".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me! xo