Loaded Cauliflower Casserole

This is one of my top ten favorite recipes. My sweet mother-in-law sent it to me and I can't believe this puppy had not been pinned by me yet on Pinterest as it is a top Pin. You truly do not miss the potatoes. It is the perfect side dish. I served it last Sunday with green beans and baked Parmesan pork chops. Everyone in our family loves it. I could seriously make a meal of it all by itself, it's THAT yummy! Plus, Bacon really does make everything better!! Enjoy!!

INGREDIENTS

1 large head of Cauliflower cut into bite size pieces (approx 5-6 cups)
6-8 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled (Cooked in oven at 400° for 20 mins)
6 Tbs chopped Chives (I bought a jar of these in the spice section)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour Cream (I used light)
2 cups Colby Jack Cheese (also like cheddar-jack)
8 oz container sliced mushrooms (optional)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. In a large pot boil water and cook cauliflower for 8-10 minutes, drain and let cool. You can also cook in the microwave: 2 qt dish, put cauliflower with 2 Tbsp water, cover and microwave 5 mins, drain.
  3. In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3 TBS chives, 1 cup cheese, mushrooms and cauliflower, mix well.
  4. Place mixture in 2-3 qt. baking dish and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bacon.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with remaining chives and serve.



I served green beans and added some of the crumbles bacon to them, along with some Parmesan breaded Pork chops. It was a Yummy Meal "Hit" with the household!

xoxo

"Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education".
 

8 comments:

  1. This looks SO delish! Going to try it out on my boys! Also, I would love the recipe for the pork chops as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Had cleaned plates in our house! :) Just emailed you the chops recipe!! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Looks Yummy!!! I LOVE cauliflower and bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mom, now go make it :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so stinkin' good! I think hubby and I would both LOVE this recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome!! You will Love it!! Enjoy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yum oh! I can eat this for days. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too my friend!!! Thanks for commenting:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me! xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS