FAVORITE DESTINATIONS

Whoo Hoo friends, Friday is here!!! When I saw Momfessionals was ding a Shoe and Tell Tuesday on favorite vacations I decided to link this up as it got me thinking about the favorite places I've been and where I want to go. I think part of the fun of vacation is the anticipation and the daydreaming of what it will be like and The saving up to make it happen. Here are five of my favorite destinations and four I would like to go to someday equaling NINE, of course.

1. Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman
I have been to a few Caribbean Islands and I must say, this was by far my favorite. Beautiful, safe and each meal more yummier that the last. A beach vacation is definitely my favorite of them all. 


2. Florence, Italy
My sweet husband took me to Italy for a milestone birthday of mine. You know how you picture a place in your mind or in the movies and it turns out NOT to be that way? Well, let me tell ya, Italy was exactly as I pictured and MORE!! Cobble stoned streets, amazing architecture, fountains, food and wine to die for and charming, oh, so charming. Our favorite city was Florence. It was a tad more quaint and had an old earthy feel. Plus, the BEST Gelato!






3. Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Well, you see, this is where Mr. Nine and I were married...in a Little Log Cabin and we truly love the mountains, which we don't get much of in our neck of the woods. Good ole' Gatlinburg Tennessee. We've had some adventures here like a downpour hiking back from a waterfall but Beautiful scenery, lovely dinners and we stay in a.....yep, a LOG cabin!!

  





4. New York City, New York
Every five years, for her milestone birthday, I take my mom on a surprise trip somewhere special. A fave was New York City. Whew, we probably needed a vacation from our vacation, we did so much running around....& shopping. However, it was a blast and fantastic memory. Kelly Ripa, Today Show, Wicked, Times Square, the Subway, Sex in the City movie taping, Tons more celebs, Jacques Torres Chocolate, great eats, new friends....but best of all AMAZING shopping. It's not just high end folks, NYC had it all. We work for the same hospital and they even did a story on us because we met so many celebrities. Here's a pic from our photo shoot and one with Kelly (we are so giddy in that one that our smiles are ridiculously cheesy)


5. Lake Michigan~Small town on the Shore
So sorry but I cannot divulge the name of our quaint lake town just yet. We go there every summer and it is the most relaxing place on the planet. The sunsets are even better than the Caribbean. Sometime, we will be living there part of the year and our memories of this town are so special. At some point I will devote a whole post to this town and how we stumbled upon it. It's a gem!  







Now, for daydreaming pleasure. Future Destinations (I hope!)
GREECE

HAWAII

SAN FRANSISCO

NAPA VALLEY

What are your favorite destinations and where would you like to go someday??

xoxo
   Have an amazing weekend!!

36 comments:

  1. i have never been to #1 so i think a trip is in order!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl. Oh I know, you know review beauty products on the beach. It would be so cute, just like you!!

      Delete
  2. I studied abroad in Italy and somehow did not go to Florence - not ok!! I love your pictures girl! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Biana, you guys go back and check out Florence. :-) Beautiful weekend right back at you girl!! Enjoy!!

      Delete
  3. Florence is gorgeous, I'm from NY of course I love it. :-) My husband has been to Grand Cayman but I haven't. Until he takes me lol. I love that picture of you and your mom with Kelly!! I want to hear more about your celebrity meetings too!!! Details please!! Haha. I hope that you have a fabulous weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you always make my day lovely lady!! I emailed you on the celebrity encounters. Hope your weekend is simply glorious!!

      Delete
  4. These are some fabulous destinations! I always appreciate variety when choosing where to travel, whether it's the beach, city, countryside or mountains. (You've covered them all!) Love the accompanying photos, too!

    xo, Laura
    http://brightandbeautifulblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much lovely Laura. We too, like variety. So fun seeing new places and immersing yourself there. Here's to a glorious weekend!!

      Delete
  5. aww such lovely photos and definitely a help regarding the planing of my holiday destination

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Have a glorious weekend lovely! xo

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday, darling! This is too cute! Beautiful travel pictures! My favorite is Rome as well! Just love the city! The history, the food - everything! Thanks for sharing!!
    Have a great weekend!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I love all those pictures! You are so lucky to travel to those beautiful places!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    Anthropologie Giftcard Giveaway
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Favorite destinations make up the best memories. Thanks so much for sharing your spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Kristie. I hope you have an amazing weekend.

      Delete
  9. My sister lives in Knoxville so we go to Gatlinburg all the time! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brittany. I hope you have a lovely weekend as well pretty lady

      Delete
  10. I've only been to New York on your list but I would love to go to Italy! My nana lives in Michigan (near a different lake) and I love visiting in the summer. You definitely should check out Napa and San Francisco- I'm originally form Northern California and I definitely miss having those destinations a short drive away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is cool you're originally from Northern California. Neat to hear from somebody who knows it well. I definitely have to get there now and you have to get Italy girl! Hope you have a glorious weekend!

      Delete
  11. These look like such fun destinations! I would love to go to Hawaii as I have never been. Have a nice weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im in Love with Italy

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to check out your blog! I hope you have an amazing weekend lovely lady.

      Delete
  13. Wow, you've been to a lot of great places! We got married in Maui, I can't wait to get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll bet your wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I hope you have an wonderful weekend sweetheart. :-)

      Delete
  14. This is such a fab post lovely, I get so much inspiration hearing about people's travels... makes me want to up and leave and travel the world :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean it's so fun seeing other people's vacation posts and inspirations. I hope you are enjoying a glorious weekend!

      Delete
  15. Wow, you've been on some fabulous vacations! I love Gatlinburg, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. I sure hope you're enjoying your Saturday and that the rest your weekend is simply wonderful!!

      Delete
  16. Great shoots!
    It seems like you were having a great time while visiting this wonderful places.

    Kisses,
    Em**

    Simplicity is Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Kisses back

      Delete
  17. I would love to visit Italy! The gelato looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny. I was just thinking I'm hungry for gelato and then I read your comment. :-) I hope you're having a terrific weekend. xo

      Delete
  18. I love that some of these are not your average destinations. We always hear the same locations -- NYC, Paris, Venice. Seven Mile Beach looks marvelous. So exciting. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen. We do, occasionally like the off beaten path and you would love SMB, so beautiful. Hope you're having a marvelous weekend so far. xo

      Delete
  19. thank your for your sweet com :)
    like destinations :)
    have a nice day!
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The log cabins up in the mountain in Gatlinburg are so pretty! What a nice place for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How sweet that you surprise your momma every five years! Italy looks amazing, and so do those beautiful mountains in Tennessee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS