As I have mentioned many times before, I love the shades of wine, oxblood and burgundy. When my mom and I went to Chicago last week, I wanted a simple little dress for our dinner at RPM Steak. This skater dress with the lace shoulder and detailed back was perfect and inexpensive to, of course, save money for shopping in Chi-Town.

I wore a Lululemon workout bra for the cross effect peek in back.

I paired it with a Lauren Conrad Moto Jacket from Kohl's

This dress is from Target, was $29.99 and I had a 30% Cartwheel so Cha Ching, score. It is thick, flattering and perfect with tights and heeled booties.

Talk about mother daughter telepathy. We always show up wearing the same color family. Her tunic is a gift I got her from a local boutique and the ombré pattern is gorgeous.

This day consisted not of just wearing the color wine, but if drinking of too!! 
 That Moscato~is the BEST I have ever had. A bottle came home with each of us!

 So, how happy was I that Cotton Candy is complementary. It was green and apple flavored. So fun!!

"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world."
~Ernest Hemingway


  1. Great dress!!!! I love that jacket ! What fun a trip with your mom!!

  2. You and your mom look just beautiful!!!! Love that dress/color on you. And such a great score.

  3. Such a gorgeous color on you, and love the Lululemon cross design in the back to give it some more edge! And look and you and mama - beautiful ladies <3

    Green Fashionista

  4. You ladies look gorgeous!! That dress is amazing on you. Loved RPM Steak too.. Only been there once..I'll be back for more popovers and the steak was delicious. I was actually impressed!! Anyways... I'm glad that you ladies had a fun time here and next time seriously, lets try to meet up! :-)

  5. Oh my goodness you are the spitting image of your mom! I'm sure she is just as beautiful inside as well! Love that you guys match too!


  6. You guys look so cute! I love the matching burgundy looks -- it's one of my favorite colors this season too! And that cotton candy -- so fun and how cool that it's complimentary! Hope you have a fabulous weekend, Andrea!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

  7. Ok. First of all, you know I love wine, so three cheers for that! Secondly, you and your mom look absolutely gorgeous and I so hope that you decide to frame the pic of you two together. What a great memory you will always have of this fun mother-daughter trip!! Loved reading about it!

  8. Holy cow, your mom is freakin' gorgeous! Clearly obvious where you got it. Looks like a fun time, and that dress is so covet-worthy. Wine colors are never a bad call, IMO. Who'd have ever guessed it was from Target?

    And it's so hard to find a skater-style dress that isn't uncomfortably short. Unless it's just the photo angle, it looks like you've found one that's actually decent length! I'm only 5'2 and I still won't generally wear one without leggings because it feels like my booty's peeking out.

    Thank you again for participating in the linkup, Andrea!

  9. You and your mom are so beautiful! How fun that you were able to spend that time together. You both look so lovely in this color. Any restaurant that serves cotton candy is right up my alley! Hope you're having a great week!

  10. How cute that you and your mom showed up matching! That happens with me, my mom, and my sister too :) And the aunts (my dads three older sisters) always end up wearing the same/similar outfits anytime they all get together. It's so funny how that happens! You and your mom both look gorgeous! I love how you work the sports bra for the fun crisscross look :)

  11. i LOVE moscato, and you and your mom look great here!

  12. Great dress! It's a great color! And your mom's dress is awesome, too! I love the photos of the two of you! Looks like you had a great time!

  13. Oh my gosh, you both are TOO cute!! Such beautiful pictures of you guys, and looks like a fabulous event! How fun is that cotton candy bowl, too?! Sounds so yummy!


  14. You and your Mom look gorgeous in wine! Sounds like you had an amazing trip! I haven't been to RPM Steak yet and can't wait to go!

    Doused In Pink

  15. I love the back of the dress. So pretty along with the wine color and your fierce dark nails.

  16. Looks like a fun evening and you both look fantastic. I love the dress and biker jacket.
    Laurie x
    from Fashion should be fun

  17. HOLY COW, hot mamas! You two look fantastic! I love the leather jacket thrown over your dress, it looks so chic! And your hair like that? PERFECT! You look so amazing, looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm so happy you got to spend that time together for your moms birthday! Hope you're having an excellent week my gorgeous friend! XO -Kim

  18. wow that's awesome

  19. ah hunni,you and your mom look fabulous and so beautiful!! Again just before i head to bed you post a wonderful post which puts a smile on my face,thank you so much,you really are an amazing young lady xoxo

  20. Your dress and your mom's are beautiful. Great score from Target. I love burgundy and I am featuring lots of it on my post today. =)

    I am glad you and your mom enjoyed Chicago. The green apple sugar cotton candy sounds yummy!

  21. You two look just beautiful! And what a dress. The colour and lace details at the back are just awesome. Love the leather jacket you added too!

  22. Love seeing you and your mom! How clever wearing that bra with that dress … looks like part of the dress!
    Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!
    Dawn Lucy

  23. You're both perfectly matched. Glad you had a good time

  24. You both look so stunning and looks like a great time!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.


  25. Oh my goodness! You and your mom are so adorable!! You both are hotties that's for sure. Thanks for linking up with us.

  26. Oh my goodness you guys are adorable!! You obviously get your beauty from her. I am loving all the Target dresses this fall and love that touch that lulu bra added.


Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me! xo