FRIDAY FAVORITES.....My Boy Turns 18 Edition!!


Very Special Friday for me as our oldest turns 18!! And I finished most of my Christmas shopping yesterday!! Yaaay!!
 Birthday boy got a homemade Friday breakfast of french toast casserole and presents and Friends will take him to dinner as we did our celebration last weekend. This weekend will hold lots of wrapping, some baking and maybe a little movie watching with hubs. I hope your weekend is glorious, festive and full of all the things you love!!


1. Birthday Boy
Today, I have an 18 year old. What? How did that happen?
This guys smile brightens a room and my heart, his ability to fix anything is astonishing, and the compassion he has in his soul fills mine with pride! This year is one big emotional ride but I am so glad I'm on this ride with him. I do not talk on this blog a lot about my sons but they are my life. This new adult will forever be my baby and I pray he soars into new adventures with the heart and determination that's brought him this far. I love you, B, with all my heart.
Couldn't help but add a few cute photos from when he was small..


6 months
4 in both of these

2. Letter to My Son
Hard to hold back the tears and keep them from falling onto the paper but for milestone birthdays I write a "Letter To My Son" filled with admiration, hopes and advice. I hope it means as much as it does to me.
Gave him this later today!

3. Christmas Trees
Funny how our tree has gone from homemade ornaments to brilliant decor colors now that the boys are older. There are still some ornaments we hold dear and keep many in a keepsake box but this girl loves a fancy tree!! There are 11 lighted trees in our house, that's how much I love them!! Here is mine and several more faves from Pinterest!!


Our Tree







4. Week's Attire
Just a mix. Next week I get more festive and pull out lots of my reds and greens.


Meijer Boho top, Charming Charlie scarf, Anne Klein Silver flats


Macy's Sweater, Charming Charlie scarf and necklace

Old Navy Vest and shirt, Anthropologie scarf, Kohl's gold pants


J.Crew Vest, Kohl's Flannel, Charming Charlie scarf, Hunter boots


5. White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Martini
It's no secret I love a good martini, especially festive flavored ones!! How heavenly is this for all us peppermint lovers! Best of all the yummy white chocolate in it!!
Recipe HERE

Happy Weekend BEAUTIES!!

Linking up with  Amanda // Friday Favorites  // Oh Hey, Friday   // High 5 For Friday // Oh Hey, Friday // Five on Friday
xoxo



29 comments:

  1. How is it even possible that you have an 18 y/o son!? Happiest of birthday to him and hope you have a great time celebrating this weekend!! Congrats on being DONE with you shopping - that's awesome! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you son! Beautiful tree inspiration! I would love to have a tree in every room of our house. I'm going to have to make that martini! Yum! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you have a 18 year old !! Hope he has a wonderful birthday!! Your tree is beautiful!! Hope you have a lovely weekend filled with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way you have an 18 year old! He's so handsome and is so lucky to have such an awesome mom! Your tree is just gorgeous!! Have a wonderful weekend love!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post got me so teary eyed, sweet friend! My oldest turned 14 last weekend and I can hardly believe how quickly the years have passed! Wishing your oldest son a wonderful birthday!! Enjoy celebrating him (and 18 years of motherhood) on this special day!
    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Happy Birthday to your son! My cousin has a birthday today as well :) Your Christmas tree looks beautiful, ours is half up haha! Being gone at Thanksgiving has totally messed me up, hopefully this weekend I can get caught up :) Have a fabulous weekend, Andrea!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so proud. Lovely post. xxx Sabina | Oceanblue Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe... happy birthday to your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What you wrote about your son is so touching. You are an amazing mom and he is SO lucky to have you!! Your tree looks beautiful too!! I'll be right over later for that yummy cocktail too!! Haha. Have a wonderful weekend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your son!!! I'm sure it's bittersweet to have him turning 18. Mine is only "almost" 2 and I want him to be my little boy forever!!!! He's lucky to have such a great mama!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure I'm amongst many who say I cannot belive YOU have an 18 year old. Your son is so adorable and of course he is a wonderful man, he has amazing parents!!! You are so sweet, I love that you write your kids special letters for milestone birthdays. I'm sure they will treasure them for years to come! Happy birthday to your baby boy ;) And you know I'm making that martini, LOVE me all the peppermint! Hope you have a wonderful, happy, fun-filled weekend my beautiful friend! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your son!! I think that is so sweet to write a letter every year. Such a great idea!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your son! That peppermint martini looks amazingggg!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your son! Wow there is no way you have an 18 year old, you look fabulous girl! And loving your tree - so pretty!

    Happy Friday <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to your son! So sweet that you write them letters each year, I love that. I also love the sound of that martini! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your son! Writing a letter for milestone birthdays is so sweet! I hope to have children one day and I'll remember this.Your Christmas tree is beautiful! I would love to have as many trees as you have. Have a great weekend, Andrea!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happiest birthday wishes to your baby! Wow 18! The letter is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 18th birthday to your son! I'm sure you feel like time just flew before your eye.. Congrats on getting all your shopping done so now you don't have to worry about that! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday to your son! He is so handsome and I know it has to be an emotional time for you, but you should be so proud :) I'm sure he will appreciate all of the letters you have wrote him over the years. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy, happy Birthday to your son!!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend of celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You do NOT look like you have an 18 year old so that's awesome!! Your so lucky to have such an awesome momma who takes the time to make sure he knows how loved he is, even as a teenager. He's also very handsome and I'm sure you are so so proud!

    Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy, happy Birthday to your son! They do grow up way too fast...

    Great outfits, too. I love the grey scarf!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Andrea! 11 trees! That's crazy! I bet your house is beautiful and looks like a winter wonderland! Great outfits!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday to your son! My goodness...18 seems like a long time ago! Love your beautiful Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Man, if I could ever have a tree decorated so well, I bet I'd sleep better all through December. Also, how cute are your son's baby pics? The hat one is killing me---so adorable!

    Beauty V. Brains | Enter to win a Naked 3 palette!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post. Well done. Keep going
    I really love your blog. I hope you will like mine
    many kisses
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy belated birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday to your son!!!! I love that you write him letters, that is so sweet and I am sure they will be forever cherished :) Love your outfits! And your tree!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! And I thought this handsome young man was your youngest! You and Mr 9 have passed along great genes and so much more! Well done ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS