SLOW COOKER ISLAND KIELBASA



I love making this in the Spring and Summer months. The flavorful mix of the kielbasa and pineapple just brings to mind sunshine. Best part, well lots to make this recipe super fantastic: Slow-Cooker, 4 ingredients plus rice and it's even better as a left over!! Yum

While our favorite way to have this is over rice for dinner, I have also doubled the recipe and kept it in the slow-cooker for a party app. Just put a little container of toothpicks beside it and its a pineapple and kielbasa party Hors d'Oeuvre

You can use a smoked sausage but we prefer the taste and less fat factor of a turkey Polska Kielbasa with this. The Butterball brand has the best flavor!! I use it in all finds of dishes.  

What you'll need

SLOW COOKER ISLAND KIELBASA
Ingredients
1 package Polska Kielbasa, cut into rounds
1 20 oz can pineapple chunks in their own juice
1 cup Ketschup
1 cup brown sugar
brown or white rice, cooked

Directions
Brown sausage on both sides in a large skillet. Place in a crock-pot or slow cooker. In a medium bowl mix the pineapple juice from the pineapple, the brown sugar and the ketchup until well blended and our over the sausage. Cook on low for about 4 hours. Serve over rice if desired or as I mentioned as Hors d'Oeuvres.
What I like to do is brown the smoked sausage pieces a little on both sides to really bring out the flavor, then I add all the ingredients and transfer skillet contents to the slow cooker.

So flavorful!! For some reason when I eat it, I think I'm in Hawaii, lol. A girl can dream!!

Linking up with Tasty Tuesdays // Tuesday Talk // Wonderful Wednesday's Blog Hop // Full Plate Thursday // Recipe Sharing Party~YUM // Thoughts on Thursday// Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday // Two Uses Tuesday // Creative Muster Party // Wow Us Wednesdays // Thursday Favorite things Blog Hop //Best Of The Weekend Wake Up Wednesday // Handmade Hangout // Simple and Sweet Fridays // Throwback Thursday // Share It // Too Cute Tuesdsy // Sweet and Simple Fridays// Grace At Home // Inspire Me Monday // Recipe Club // Friday Favorites  // Creativity Unleashed // Two Cup Tuesday // The Alder Collection // The SITS Girls  Clever Chicks Blog Hop // Snickerdoodle Sunday // Table It // Wordless Wednesday // Creative Monday's Blog Hop // Feathered Nest Friday // Weekend Potluck
xoxo

33 comments:

  1. Kielbasa is an under-appreciated meat! You can really make some great dishes with it. This looks lovely! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make kielbasa all the time when we were little. I will have to try out this recipe! I hope you will join our blog party again and share this. Thanks for the recipe and I'm pinning.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh YUM!!! I just bought some turkey kielbasa for a red beans/rice dish I want to try...there must be something in the air:) I love pineapple paired with just about anything, and yes, it does make me think of sunshine!!! Hope you have a Happy Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so yummy, Andrea! Kielbasa is one of my husband's favorites and I don't make it nearly enough! Love the tropical spin on this!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY COW this sounds good...I love kielbasa, and this sounds so amazing! PINNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kielbasa is my fave! So yummy and this recipe is awesome! You are such a fantastic cook, Andrea!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love kielbasa, so I'm going to love this! Thanks for sharing, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heart Kielbasa but have only ever tried it cooked from the grill. I definitely have to try this recipe especially for a party appetizer instead of meatballs in the slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, this looks so good! I think it would take mt to Hawaii too, Andrea. Haha!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Pinning this now! Better yet, can I come over and you just have it ready and waiting? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an easy recipe! I like the funny at the end.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Never would have thought of pineapple and kielbasa together on my own, but hearing it makes me think, "Duh!" I love it, Andrea. Plus, I love anything in the slow cooker. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks easy and delicious - my kind of recipe! And I love that polska kielbasa - I get the turkey too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want kielbasa nooooowwwwwww!!!!! I have never thought to pair it with pineapple; I bet it tastes heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Andrea for sharing this awesome recipe at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Enjoy the week and we hope to see you again next week. Happy Easter.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a yummy recipe. I love pineapple. This would be good for a party. Funny little doggie at the end of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great looking dinner! Plus plenty easy to throw together before heading out and come home to a delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks delicious! I love pineapple! That dog quote at the end is hilarious!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  19. The best part about making big meals in the slow cooker is the leftovers! Will have to give this a try - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous23.3.16

    Hahah you had me at the dog meme but this looks great and an awesome party food idea/spin on the "regular old" meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha love the dog :) This slow cooker island kielbasa sound so good! I have to try this, I bet the picky eaters will like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pinning on Pinterest and planning to add to my recipe rotation. I love the idea of going to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for sharing this dish at The Recipe Sharing Pin and Yum Party. Pinned and Yummed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love sausage, and this looks amazing.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us all at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We all need a great recipe, especially during March Madness!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...this sounds so delicious!

    I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this looks so good. I will need to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun idea - a bit retro, too! Thanks for sharing this with us on Throwback Thursday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love kielbasa sausage and I am a huge fan of pineapples, raw as a fruit and in dishes too. I bet this was delicious in the slow cooker with its own yummy juices and the pineapple juice too. Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is a Top Ten at Full Plate Thursday this week and is pinned to the Features Board for Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday. I'm always looking for new slow cooker recipes. This looks great. Pinned and Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yummy I always have a kielbasa in my fridge for a tasty quick dinner, but I've never cooked it up like this before - live it! Thanks for sharing this style Fabulous Party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS