CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP BUTTER BARS

"What did I just do?" Yep, that was the question I asked myself and Mr. Nine after these bars were in our mouths!! SOOOO DELICIOUS!!! Ya know, the kind of delicious where you cannot only eat just one!! Thank goodness I cut them in to small bars, but actually they were like bite sized so maybe I and too many "bites!" Eek...amp up the FitBit!! 
Yum

These made so many, I said "Oh, I'm going to freeze some!" Well, let's just say I never got around to freezing any because we ate them all!! You need these in your life especially if you are a caramel, chocolate and buttery cookie lover!!! Just looking back at these delights makes me want another batch. You know I do have another bag of caramel bits..it's ON!!!




A tasty little easter treat maybe???

What you'll need

CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP BUTTER BARS
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt + course sea salt for sprinkling in caramel
4 cups + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Nestle’s Delightfulls..the Carmel and Milk Chocolate Chip
1 bag Kraft caramel bits
3 Tablespoons milk
   Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Cream butter and sugar with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or you may use a hand mixer). Once the mixture is creamed and fluffy, mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until smooth, then mix in the baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly mix in 4 cups flour until the mixture is just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips and Delightfulls chips.
Press about 2/3 of this mixture in the bottom and about 1/2” up the sides of the prepared pan.
In a medium saucepan, over low heat, stir the caramel bits and milk until smooth, remove from heat and sprinkle in some sea salt, then add in the 1/4 cup flour. Pour over the top of the dough. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining dough evenly over the top of the caramel.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the top looks done and is golden around the edges. It will still be someone jiggly in the center. Cool completely before cutting. It’s easier to cut when it’s chilled.


Fresh from the oven!
Butter, Caramel and Chocolate goodness it's BEST..BEST I tell ya!!!
HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY!!! 

51 comments:

  1. Andrea you are KILLING me! I am trying not to eat any sugar and then you go and do this! Seriously these have me thinking who cares about fitting into my clothes I'll just eat this yummy deliciousness and wear a caftan! You always have the BEST recipes!
    Love ya!
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at caramel & chocolate. Pinned! They look so chewy & gooey & perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness stop the madness!!! These look so amazing and ooey gooey and I need them right now! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly, those look good! You know, I do have some caramel bits in the pantry too. This could totally happen sooner rather than later. And too funny about the fitbit. Luckily I get a lot of steps at work, my fitbit friends always tease me that if I keep getting all those steps I'll blow away. I tell them not to worry, I like to eat too much. I'm in a state of equilibrium.... though I should take a month off the eating and let the steps work some magic one of these days!! (maybe next month ;-)!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Heavens!! Send a batch this way, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the yummiest recipes!! These look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously...I'm on week 3 of a sugar detox and I think I could eat that whole dang pan! These look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at butter - man, these look sinfully delicious! I've saved to make soon - but as I'm on Weight Watchers, I may have to wait a bit! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness these look so amazing! I am trying my best to not go overboard with sweets since Easter is on its way, but after vacation I might have to make these!! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. ALLLLL THE YESSSSSS. These look amazing. This is the kind of sweet treat that is the path to my husbands heart <3 I should surprise him with these for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness girl! I'm on a new diet and this post is not doing me any favors. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm seriously CRAVING these after reading this! Holy sweet moly! :)


    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. These look like they would melt in your mouth! I will be making these...when I have other people around to eat them because I would probably be able to eat the entire pan! Caramel is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing this, Andrea. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea! You do this to me every week! My mouth is watering and I NEED dessert right now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sound so delicious! Come share them at Family Joy Blog linkup!https://pursueyourproject.com/family-joy-blog-linkup-62/ visiting from #tastytuesdayslinkup

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! These look so incredible. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the amazing recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I want to eat my screen! These look tasty as you know what! I will be making these after I stop my current lifestyle re-upping, aka not eating carbs and sweets in anticipation of swimsuit season.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mouth is literally watering as I read this!
    Pinning!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa. Those look amazing. Can't wait to try them!
    #happynowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well don't those just look like little pieces of heaven?? Yum yum yum. I will have to try these once Lent is over!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, guess what I'm making this wknd???? Lol! Yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stopping by from Tuesday Talk! These look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Caramel, chocolate, and butter are pretty much my three favorite things, so I need to make these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH MY TASTEBUDS! I just tried to eat the screen. Seriously! Can I tell you my mom brought over these HUGE homemade peanut butter chocolate eggs yesterday? Nothing is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness these look devine! I need them right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My word these look delicious!!!!!! Drooling over here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh- breaking out my fat pants NOW! I wish computers were scratch and sniff/taste! I bet these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so tempted to put these on my Easter menu. No doubt I'll need a Fitbit if I do! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my, those cookie bars look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! They look melt in your mouth delicious. I'm going to have to refrain from making these until we have a party or potluck to contribute to so I can just have a bite or two. I'm just recovering from the Girl Scout cookies calorie intake. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness! This looks like heaven, and I want a whole batch right now! This would be perfect to make over the weekend with all of our family coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These look heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Holy cow, those look amazing! I passed it along to my oldest daughter in Texas, who makes amazing goodies to share with her colleagues. I will just admire your baking...ha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. I so want to make these. Everything about them has my name all over it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, I am drooling here. Looks amazing.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  39. These look amazing! Can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  40. These look so good! Sweet, chewy, and a great mixture of flavors... yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just gained a pound reading about this yummy goodness. You are definitely a bad influence on my diet. These look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh heck yes! Total caramel and choco-holic here.....Hi neighbor! lol These look absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am not sure these would last by the end of the day in my house. Yup I would be eating every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  45. These look delicious. They're going on my must make list. Thanks for sharing at Brag About It. I'll be featuring this at this week's party.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Made these for Easter - absolute wild success! Delicious; thanks for the extra calories, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that! We will just pretend the calories don't count, ha ha!

      Delete
  47. These bars would just melt in your mouth, they look so good. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those look and sound incredible Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I might have to see if I can make room on my weekend menu for these! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS