COFFEE TALK


Happy Monday sweet friends. I wish we could skip everything else this Monday and I could sit down and have a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate with you all. I saw this on sweet Jenn's blog last week and thought it would be a fun way to chit chat about some stuff on my mind. Pull up a cozy spot, grab a sweet concoction and bevi and Let’s do some Coffee Talk!!


Litter. I do not like litter. Did you know if you litter on the road in the state of Indiana, it's a $500 fine? But I admit sometimes I am wasteful. Thank goodness this was on sale for $2.49 cause Edy's ice cream can be expensive. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw their Pumpkin Latte flavor. That night we had a later house showing so a bowl of ice cream with some walnuts thrown in it was my dinner, only to throw the rest out. NOT because I didn't love it but because no one else did and I knew I'd eat it all. 


Megyn Kelly. I don't talk bad about others too often but Megyn is so full of herself.  I do not like her and she took away the flow of the Today Show by kicking out Today's Take 3rd hour with Al Roker and crew. What was the Today Show thinking? Ratings are down 30%! Kelly made a joke about a super fan’s sexual orientation, which led actress Debra Messing to post on Instagram that she was “dismayed” by Kelly’s remarks and regretted going on her show. Two days later, Kelly offended Jane Fonda with an off-putting question about her refusal to talk about plastic surgery. (“We really want to talk about that right now?” Fonda huffed, seated next to her co-star Robert Redford.) and she cut off Tom Brokow; this just within her first two weeks on the air. No, No, NO, Please bring back Today's Take NBC, please!

Sweets or Alcohol? If you had to to pick your calorie consumption from sweets or alcohol, which would you chose? Sweets, for me, every time. My friend Suzy wrote a great post and why she chose to stop drinking. I can stop drinking but I can't stop sweets consumption! I get a tad bit of a taste every day and it brings me joy, more time on the stepper, buy JOY! We need joy in our lives! If you want a Reese's Mini Peanut Butter cup, have one or two, just not 10! I'm just saying don't deprive yourself! 


I will still take a little Champs with my chocolate and yeah Bailey's and Coffee with my Christmas Cookie, lol! 

Amazon Key. Here is how Amazon Describes it: As a Prime member, get your Amazon packages securely delivered just inside your front door. Plus, grant access to the people you trust, like your family, friends, dog walker, or house cleaner – no more leaving a key under the mat.

On delivery day, you’ll receive a notification in the morning with a 4-hour delivery window for when the delivery driver will arrive at your home. Right before the driver arrives at your door, you will receive an “Arriving Now” notification and you can optionally watch the delivery happening live. The driver will knock first and then request to unlock your door with their Amazon handheld scanner. Amazon verifies that the package belongs to the address and the driver is near the door, turns on Amazon Cloud Cam and unlocks your door. No special codes or keys are needed.


 Not sure how I feel about this? What are your thoughts?

Christmas Shopping/Stocking Stuffers. So, where are you on the Holiday shopping front? I am not as far along as I usually am and we are scaling back this year but let me tell ya, I LOVE to shop for others, especially at Christmas. Mr. Nine and I have always kept our money separate and we have this deal for our nuclear family where I buy all the stocking stuffers for the boys and he buys most of the "regular" gifts. I have so much fun. I have a box for each son that fulls with stocking stuffers over the next couple months and I usually have more than the stocking holds so it all gets put in an extra gift bag. And I do a "gift" bag full of little trinkets for my mom too. Here are some guy and gal stocking stuffers that I love.

Isn't this "shoe" keychain just adorable!
BUY SHOE Keychain HERE // Love this ONE

Auto Vent Sticks are always a HUGE hit in the stockings..love the Vanilla scent.
BUY HERE



The boys loved these Stanley 4 in 1 pocket screwdrivers

BUY HERE


They also love any Nite Ize tools and this li one is awesome

BUY HERE



How cute is this little purse manicure set? I got my mom one like this a couple years ago.


BUY HERE

My Husband loved this Beer Soap in his stocking.
BUY HERE


This is my new Holiday color. Usually I do OPI "I'm Not Really a Waitress" Red but I love this one!


BUY "DUTCH TULIPS" HERE

Target/Mug Obsession How about a mug about Target? This will make a great gift for my fellow Target loving fans. I literally went in last week for two curved shower rods and ended up with a cartful...you know this from my Things That Inevitably Happen at Target post. I will admit however, lately it's been hit or miss in the clothing department but I feel a resurge coming on at Target for the holiday's especially with the Hearth Line coming from Chip and Jo Jo.
 
BUY HERE

Banana Clips. Who remembers these? These long banana shaped clips took my BIG 80's hair into a whole new realm in the 90's!! I sported this look at least 4 out of 7 days a week! And guess what? They still make them so take that stocking stuffer list for the ladies up a notch and bring back the banana clip trend, lol!


1991, my favorite hair look and nautical blazer! 



Goody still makes them!
BUY HERE


Go Make it a GREAT DAY, don't litter, do some online Christmas shopping and eat a piece of Halloween candy before the Trick-or-Treaters come tomorrow! I'm going to look for my banana clip now.
AND Come back tomorrow for the TEX MEX Breakfast Enchiladas...so excited about this one!! 


xoxo













55 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about the Amazon key either. It totally freaks me out! Love all the stocking stuffers. Love that nail color. I have gotten it on my toes several times. and mugs about Target is just genius! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Amazon key for me. I'm just thinking it's too easy for someone to mess with because computer nerds abound! I am with you - nix Megan Kelly. She's no good! I have not Christmas shopped but I always do it in December anyway LOL! xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are so full of cheer! Great stocking stuffer ideas. I think you should do a whole post on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are soul sisters for sure! So much to agree with here but I'm dying that you ate a bowl of ice cream and then threw the rest out - I do that too! Haha! I always feel so wasteful when I do but it in necessary if I can't find someone else to pawn something off on,lol. And yes, I wore a banana clip most days - love big, big hair!
    Make it a great one, sweet friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been fun having this little coffee talk with you! I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet. I was thinking the other day that I really need to get a list going of people we need to buy for so I can at least get ideas rolling! This year is going by waaaaaaaay too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Andrea. I never watched Megyn Kelly before she arrived on The Today Show. I watch her sometimes because I'm sick of listening to Kelly and Ryan sucking up to each other. I don't think the Amazon thing is going to fly - too many risks. Even tho I love sweets, I would pick wine any day of the week. Coincidentally, I am sporting Dutch Tulips on my nails today. Have a great week and fabulous post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes!! The banana clips! They would pull my hair back so tight that my eyes would be slanted!! Haha! Have a great week, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree about Megyn Kelly--not a fan! Also on the same page as you--I would pick sweets over alcohol any day!! Happy Monday love!

    Rosy Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure I still have a drawer full of banana clips at my parents' house haha. I was just thinking the other day how much I miss the Today Show since I don't have regular TV. I did not know that they got rid of the Roker & such 3rd hour segment! That makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a lady after my own heart, Andrea!! Definitely sweets over alcohol any day! I don't watch Today Show, so can't really comment on that. I love your hair from the 80's and from today!! Wish I could get mine to look so pretty. I love your blog and how your writing style has evolved. Always look forward to your posts. Wish you lived closer so we could talk about "blogging" more! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo I want that ice cream!! And I'm not sure about this Amazon Key - I rarely ever have packages taken so not sure it would be for us

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post and hearing your perspective on Megan Kelly. I just knew you were the kind hearted person who would rather speak ugly of others but I appreciate your honesty! You are inspiring, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got an email about the amazon key thing too. Personally, I'm not a fan. I have no problem with packages being left on my doorstep or in the backyard. I think it's a much better alternative to letting someone you've never met walk right in your house.

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhhhhhh!!! I can't believe it's time for stocking stuffer talk already. I'm still on the pumpkin train over here! Fall just goes too fast for me, I hate it :( And banana clips were my FAVE! I loved getting them in all different colors to match my outfit that day. Ahh, the good old days! Happy Halloween sweetie, hope the kids enjoy those king sized bars!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I'm okay with Amazon Key! I love Prime, but I also love not having delivery people in my house. Also, I have a covered porch and deck for this very reason lol but hey, that's just me! Also, can we just talk about that pumpkin spice ice cream?! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did the same post today!! Great minds think alike. LOL. Not sure how I would feel about Amazon Key since I live in a condo. One of the reason's why i'm not crazy about online shopping is all the packages that have been lost or stolen. In fact, I even have had packages lost that are sent to my office building which is staffed by State Police 24/7! How does that happen?? OH my, pumpkin spice ice cream!! They so did not have that at my grocery store. Ugh, we never have these awesome flavors. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Monday. Man that is tough, alcohol or sweets? I prefer to alternate! I'm obsessed with Target, too! Especially now that I moved and there is one within walking distance. Trouble!

    I hope you're join On Mondays We Link-Up! I'd love to have you!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Banana clips!! I definitely remember those!! The Amazon thing is cool, but I don't know. There is actually an Amazon pick-up and drop off store in our neighborhood so I'd probably go there if there was something that I didn't want delivered here. Littering bothers me too, like um find a trash can!! Megyn Kelly bothers me too. I also think that you need that keychain! :-) Hope that you had a fab weekend and enjoy your day today!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so ready to start shopping for the holidays! I always wait until Black Friday to get started and see how much I can do in that one day haha! If I had to choose my calories from sweets or alcohol it would always be sweets! Although I drink a glass of wine very occasionally (1-2 times a year) I don't drink much at all. It always makes me feel blah! I haven't seen Megan in the today show but she sounds pretty awful, she needs to go!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  20. I usually don't start Christmas shopping until Black Friday weekend, but I love that you're in charge of all the stocking stuffers and Mr Nine is in charge of the regular gifts! It sounds like you have a lot of good ideas already for all the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm with you on Megyn Kelly. Years ago, I liked her on Fox News but towards the end of her time there, she was getting on my nerves. I watched her new show once and couldn't take it! Looking forward to your enchiladas tomorrow! After you talked about it last week, I decided to make breakfast enchiladas tonight for dinner! Thanks for the inspiration!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to sit down for coffee with you...so many things we could talk about- I wouldn't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bet having coffee with you would be so much fun! This is such a fun idea for a post. I love that you and Mr. Nine split the Christmas shopping and he likes to get involved. That Target mug is too perfect! I hope your Monday is going well!! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh banana clips, I haven't seen those in a long time! haha on throwing out the ice cream, I dont' think I could do that, but it's so hard to refuse! At first I was against the Amazon thing, but then they said you set up a camera to record everything as soon as the door opens, but if they steal everything before you can do anything about it, doesn't really matter if you have them on tape if you can't find them! All your stuff is gone! So I'm not on board quiet yet, plus our delivery is pretty safe, as our front door is off to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hubby and I were just talking about the Amazon key thing yesterday...ummm, heck no! Thanks for the heads up about the coffee mug. Just ordered for the girls, first Christmas gift bought ;-)
    Oh and banana clips, so glad those went away...my mom needed a banana clip intervention :-0

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have not seen that ice cream flavor but it sounds yummy! To be honest I haven't watched the Today Show for years-- it's just not as good anymore, which is sad because I used to really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw bandanna scrunchies at the store the other day so I'm sure girls will ALL be sporting banana clips soon enough.
    I love that cant be trust at target mug - SO ME!!!!!
    I'm all for trading in calories for sweets. The best way to trade them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Littering drives me INSANE. Every time I see someone throw something out their car window or drop trash on the sidewalk it makes my blood boil. I mean, STOP BEING LAZY, PEOPLE! You throwing out your ice cream is totally different! I wouldn't feel guilty about that! Haha.

    And sweets vs. alcohol?! EEK! I don't know what I would do! I guess I would probably give up alcohol, but man oh man, I don't know if I could live without wine.

    And Amazon Key? That is so bizarre. I don't think I would ever want to do that. Waaaay too many things could go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I dont like the Megyn Kelly show part either. Admittedly I've only seen it once or twice when home sick with Ella, but it didn't flow with the Today show at all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That ice cream sounds amazingggg! I have to do that, too, though. Sometimes when something is that good and I will be the only one eating it, I have to get it out of sight so I don't over indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. TEX MEX!!! I can't wait! I am not a fan of Megyn. It all started with the way her name is spelled, hee hee. I loved banana clips too. I have to get on my Christmas list making. Yes to no litter. I used to smoke and littered everyday as a result. Luckily I quit and gave up both bad habits!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I need to buy one of your steppers because it is always SWEETS for me. LOL! I would have had to do the same thing with the ice cream. I have zero will power if it is in the house.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous30.10.17

    Happy Monday Andrea ! I share the same thoughts as you regarding Megan Kelly !!! Seriously, I think the Today Show screwed up ! Totally agree... the flow just isn't the same ! And YES I was one to wear banana clips :) Where did they go ????

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fun read, thanks for sharing. Banana clips - they're coming back right?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've never watched Megyn Kelly on anything, but yeah, I keep hearing all these stories about things she's done on her new show and just NO. She needs to go for real.

    I'm usually way more ahead on Christmas shopping too but ah well, I have some ideas! Just need to get on it. haha

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    here from The Scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am with you 100% on Megyn Kelly, she needs to go to the house. I have a lot of my Cmas shopping done but not wrapped. Ugh! Oh, my, you brought back so many memories with the banana clip. Have mercy, I wore them everyday! Another great post Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You were just as beautiful in 1991 as you are now except with different hair! I swear God granted you the gift of not aging...I the love deal you and the Mr have for shopping for gifts! I know you'll go all out for your sons and loved ones..xo Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  38. I DON'T LIKE MEGYN KELLY EITHER!! I'm so glad you feel the same way about the flow of The Today Show because I don't even watch past 9 anymore whenever i'm off and can watch. I hate it! And I don't know what to think about Amazon Key??? Kind of freaks me out. And I know I say this all the time, but you have not aged at all!! Happy Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I’m with you on the sweets- can’t give those up at all! Amazon Key is just too much to me- I can’t see trusting a stranger to enter my home. I’ll be interested to see how it works and who uses it. I love that purse mani set- how cute. Such good stocking stuffers!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This was fun! I haven't bought even one Christmas present - I'm so behind. Not sure about the Amazon Key thing - I'm waiting to see how it works out and if there are any glitches. Hope you had a wonderful Monday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have to smile---we had the same hair then and now!

    I love your variety of thoughts, it make for an interesting post.

    Megyn Kelly is often a hit or miss for many. I think she is super intelligent, and she's just not coming across in this venue. It's a given that entertainers come on these shows to promote their latest work. I think Jane Fonda deflected that question, as it not only took away from her latest movie, but also hit on a sore subject. Please. Don't shoot the messenger. If Jane came across righteous, I don't blame Kelly for that.

    Thanks for the Christmas gift ideas. Yikes---so, so close!

    Jane

    Stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have a key chain like that in alle colors! And I still like that hairdo from the 80s!😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  43. Not on board with the Amazon Key program at all. As I don't watch the morning news/talk shows, I'm out of the loop on that one and blissfully ignorant. Banana clips...a blast from the past! My oldest daughter Alana had hair just about like yours. A banana clip and chicken bangs and she was ready to go. To show how much styles have changed from 1991 to the present, her daughter Zoe sports an asymmetrical cut. Sweets over booze any day... The key chain is adorable. I have a charm bracelet with shoes and handbags. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ha, ha...banana clips. Now that's a blast from the past. Scrunchies have made a comeback so maybe banana clips will too. Thanks for the stocking stuffer ideas! And I am right there with you on sweets and sometimes eating a little and throwing the rest out if I know I'll be the only one indulging! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Loving the throwback photo! You were stunning even then.

    Im alcohol over sweets for sure. I just dont have a huge sweet tooth. Never did. Give me potato chips over sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  46. True store, I still have a banana clip!! My hair is quite thin, so it never really looked cute on me...but it didn't stop me from using them in the past haha. I am with you, I choose sweets over alcohol if I could only have one. Buttttt life is about balance and mommy needs her wine sometimes. I love picking things out for stockings and tried to make it a think last year with Chris, but he wasn't feeling it and didn't put anything in mine so I guess I will have to drop that. Except for Zoe. I am going to fill hers to the brim!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Well, this was a just a giant barrel of fun..for REAL! Love it. I'm a sweets girl all the way. And those vent sticks WILL be going in my commuter college student's stocking! Thanks for the goodies...stopping by from #FridayFrivolity!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am chuckling at two things in this post- 1. Megan Kelly- could not agree MORE- ugh!! Seriously? and 2. Banana clips? OMG I wore those so much...that would be fun if they came back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm so NOT Christmas ready! I always go over board with the stockings. Last year we made it part of our tradition to go out to dinner a few nights before Christmas and everyone got $20 bucks and 20 minutes in Target to buy something for each others stockings. It was so fun on Christmas morning see what everyone picked...and they were funny! And banana clips....holy moly I was the queen on a banana clip!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am not nearly as far along with my Christmas shopping as I'd like.. I have NO ideas for my boys this year. We're finally at the point where they've outgrown toys and yet they don't have many hobbies... And I don't think I could ever do Amazon Key; that seems a bit creepy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I say NO to the Amazon key. My luck, they would let the dog out or something. Megan Kelly is a spectacle and don;t much like her either. I would choose ice cream over alcohol every time! Especially coffee flavored! #fridayfrivolity xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  52. The banana clips had me laughing. I wore those all the time. And I don't want the Amazon key. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh boy, do I ever remember the banana clip! I like my sweets and don't drink a lot but would give up sweets before I'd give up my Jagermeister. That shoe keyring is awesome. I'm a total NO on the Amazon Key concept.

    ReplyDelete
  54. As a fellow amazon prime user I'm not sure how I feel about them going in my house. It think I trust my neighbors more than some random delivery driver....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS