TEX MEX BREAKFAST ENCHILADAS


 I have made a couple yummy breakfast casseroles for you all here before. The Breakfast and Brunch Egg Bake and Cheesy Southwestern Breakfast Casserole. These are perfect for a brunch, holiday mornings, company or just because you love breakfast casseroles. However, I must say this is my FAVORITE! The Tex Mex style and bubbly cheese sauce made for a great mix of flavors! This would definitely be a company and family pleaser and made for suburb leftovers. 
Yum  



Doesn't it look scrumptious!! 


What you'll need for the enchiladas

What you'll need for the cheese sauce

TEX MEX BREAKFAST ENCHILADAS
Ingredients 
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
12 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 jar salsa verde
12 (6 inch) tortillas 
1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Cheese Sauce (see below)
Toppings like cherry tomatoes, chopped parsley and cilantro 

Directions 
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté red pepper and onion until soft. Stir together the eggs, salt and pepper, add to skillet and scrambled until fluffy. Now assemble tortillas. Place 1-2 Tablespoons salsa verda on each tortilla, then add egg and some of the Mexican blend cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13 greased baking pan. Prepare cheese sauce* and add over the top of tortillas. Top with the Colby jack cheese and bake 30 minutes until browned and bubbly. (I turned the broiler on and browned a little more for a pretty topping)

*Cheese Sauce Ingredients 
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour 
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups Mexican or Colby jack shredded cheese
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cheese Sauce Directions
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium, whisk in the flour until smooth.. Slowly add in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese green chilies and salt until smooth. Pour immediately on top of the tortillas before baking.





37 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I like making breakfast for dinner every once in awhile, so this is perfect for that! Also a great recipe for the holidays coming up! Thanks for sharing and Happy Halloween, Andrea!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 Juan Juan, bwahahahahahaha!!! This looks so good I think it would be a fabulous breakfast-for-dinner dish. Yum-o! I swear girl you are so creative! How in the world do you come up with all this goodness? Can't wait to make it (as soon as my kitchen is fully functional,lol). Have a marvelous Tuesday and Happy Halloween!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about enchiladas the other day! Those look so good! El Arroyo has their own Instagram just for their sign haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious!! I can't wait for an excuse to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy you shared this. Someone was talking about breakfast enchiladas the other day and I was so intrigued. These sound SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had an enchilada bake for breakfast but you've intrigued me! We are HUGE enchilada lovers so this is for sure to be a hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea---this looks fabulous!! I may have to try this for the weekend!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY! This looks like a fun dish to make for a "brinner" we have coming up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!! I am so making this!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word: YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so tasty, I love it, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breakfast is my all time favorite and this looks sooo good! I love having leftovers to enjoy. I hope you have a great day today :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious! This is so up my alley and I will be making this for my family that is coming in town for Thanksgiving! In a side note, I used to pass El Arroyo every day when I lived in Austin and all of their signs are the best! What a great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are speaking my language right there.
    ALL.THE.CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! We make breakfast for dinner a lot and these would be perfect for that! Happy Halloween, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds so good!!!! I can eat tex-mex inspired food anytime of day. Plus...CHEESE!!! I will have to whip this up one weekend. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at Tex Mex! I love them so much, and I would eat this every single day for breakfast if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so yummy! You always have the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my delicious! I need to make this recipe! All that cheese is calling my name Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg, Andrea, this has my mouth watering! This looks so good! I can't wait to make it!
    xxoo
    Mary
    www.BelleOnTrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pinning! That looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delicious! We eat that for diner!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cheese please. LOL Oh my goodness does this ever look scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yummy in the tummy! This would be good for any meal, not just for breakfast. Happy November! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures! I'm pinning this for when I get home. I'm thinking breakfast for dinner is always a winner. (cheesy) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. My husband would love this. I think I will make it for my breakfast that I have to make in december at work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm always on the lookout for breakfast casserole recipes. I love these when we have company or for vacations. Thanks so much for sharing it at Party in Your PJ's! Pinned and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the idea of a yummy casserole to feed family visiting over the holidays. I love the flavor combination in these breakfast enchiladas. I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I am always looking for something different to serve for breakfast and this might be the next Thanksgiving weekend recipe I use.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Tex Mex Breakfast Enchiladas look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your special post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh heavens...this looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking yummy, and I love breakfast for dinner! #fridayfrivolity xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations!
    Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Your post will be pinned to our Features Board and hope you enjoy your new Red Plate. Thanks so much for sharing with us and come back to see us soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't find the print button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Linda, No print button. Just copy and paste recipe onto a Word Doc and print, works great!

      Delete
  35. Andrea, this looks wonderful. I am pleased to feature this yummy recipe at Love Your Creativity. You should look into Recipes Generator. My friend Omar designed it for Blogger
    when there was nothing for Blogger to print recipes.Recipes Generator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS