PINEAPPLE COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

My pineapple love extends far beyond cute decor and tops, it is deeply rooted for my love of the fruit and the tasty sweet concoctions created from it. My most viewed post of all time, like 25,000+ is the beloved, hid from the kids so good, Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Dessert. Yet, why stop there when I could also create a Pineapple Cheesecake Trifle.


With the weather being so dreary, I needed some sunshine in the kitchen and after thinking of the beloved fruit and how good it tastes with cream cheese, these cookies were created with such love and devoured with even more sweet love. My goodness, these are delicious and with the fresh pineapple garnishing the top, well they are pure pineapple bliss in cookie form. 
Yum  







What you'll need

PINEAPPLE COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
INGREDIENTS
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
For the Frosting:
1 (8oz) brick cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon of the reserved pineapple juice
3 cups sifted powdered sugar


 DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets (I use baking stones). In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in half the flour and beat until just mixed. Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix until blended. Add in rest of flour, the baking powder and baking soda and beat until blended. Stir in the drained pineapple. Drop dough by rounded Tablespoons on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Remove and cool on a wire rack or waxed paper. For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and the butter, beat in the vanilla and pineapple juice. Slowly beat in the sifted powdered sugar. Frost by teaspoonful’s on top of cooled cookies. Top with fresh pineapple pieces. Sore in refrigerator. Makes 2-2 1/2 dozen cookies.





These sun shiny treats have us ushering in Spring that has to be coming soon, I just know it! 
HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY FRIENDS!!

Linking up with Metamorphosis Monday /The Scoop  // Best Friday Features //  Meal Plan Monday
xoxo

29 comments:

  1. Those look so good! In the summer, I can't eat enough pineapple! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are seriously tempting my ability to stick with my 'giving up desserts for Lent'! Definitely pinning these to make later! I hope you have a fabulous day sweet friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I love how the little bit of pineapple on top makes them look so cheery!! Hope YOU have a cheery Tuesday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! How cute are these and the frosting sounds delicious!!! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yum! I am loving pineapple desserts right now and your cookies look amazing. Like a much needed bite of summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg these look AMAZING!! I am a fan of anything pineapple especially during the warmer months--just reminds me of somewhere tropical! Definitely need to give this recipe a try!!

    Rosy Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  7. These do look like pure pineapple bliss! So sunshine-y and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! You had me at cream cheese! How fun are these to bring on spring <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m literally obsessed with pineapples and love the taste almost as much as I love how cute the fruit is! I never would have thought of adding pineapple to a cookie but it sounds like it’s definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...these sound like vacation in a snack, Andrea!!
    I'm going to get off my butt and make them!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am such a sucker for anything pineapple, so you KNOW I'm making these stat!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pineapples and cream cheese in one cookie???? Sign me up! These sound so wonderful! Especially with spring and summer coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound as sweet as you. You had me at pineapple and kept me with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have eaten so much pineapple at one time, my mouth had sores in it - needless to say, I cant ever get enough pineapple so these sound AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  15. There isn't a cookie that I don't like...these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at Pineapple cookie! We LOVE pineapple in our house and we eat it all the time. The kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow those look so good. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well these look amazing! I have never had a pineapple cookie.


    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, your post is timely for I have a few tins of pineapple sitting on my counter top that need using up, like right now! And I've been thinking that I must Google some recipes, but duh, why do I need to Google when I have Princess Pineapple as my friend?! Thanks and hugs, truly sweet friend, x.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look incredible! I love the fresh pineapple at the top! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow these look absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing, they look lovely too. Want one now! Thanks Andrea. x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes- these look divine! I'm such a pineapple fanatic and add cream cheese = match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look sooo good. Perfect to usher in spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pineapple and cream cheese? Glory, glory! These sound amazing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never had a pineapple cookie but now I want to try one!! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG .. I love pineapple and these look delicious... I’m in such a hurry to make these (YUMMY)..Thanks for the recipe...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. We will just love your delicious Pineapple Cookies! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bet these pineapple cookies are so sweet and delicious! Thanks for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS