MATCHA CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING


After posting how I make my Matcha Green Tea Latte's, many of you asked me what else can you make with the yummy and healthy Matcha powder. We’ll never fear because I have created the most yummy cupcakes with it and they’re pretty too. You’ll really impress your friends and family with these babies! 
Yum


Luscious Homemade Buttercream Frosting..YUM! With the leftover frosting, I slathered it between graham crackers and had delicious little treats.
BUY Matcha Powder HERE


What You'll Need


MATCHA CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
INGREDIENTS
1 cup cake flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoon matcha powder
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk at room temp 
FROSTING
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk

DIRECTIONS 
Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. In a medium bowl, shift tiger the flour, salt, soda, baking powder and matcha powder. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl or large Pyrex pourable bowl, mix butter until fluffy. Add in sugar, mix, then the egg and mix again. Slowly beat in the flour mixture and then the milk until just mixed. Pour into liners about 1/2 full and bake for 16 minutes, make sure done with a toothpick. Cool. Prepare frosting by beating the butter until fluffy, then beat in the vanilla and powdered sugar until stiff, adding the milk last, mix well and frost cooled cupcakes. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.





HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY FRIENDS!!
It's also National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day so check out my favorite Cookie Recipe: Just Right Chocolate Chip Cookies

Join Us for the weekly fashion Link-Up tomorrow where 
I'll be styling the "SKIRT TOP!"

27 comments:

  1. Cupcakes are my weakness! I will pass on a slice of cake anyday of the week but I can't resist a cupcake! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! The matcha is good for you so no guilt with these cuties, amiright? Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have made the grinch out of these! I still need to try baking with matcha. Have a fabulous day and a cupcake for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! These look delicious. Glad to hear it's National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day - you know your Just Right recipe is my very favorite!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can put buttercream icing most things & I'll eat it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look super delicious - I will be trying them out! :)
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at buttercream frosting!!!! These sound delicious!!! I am confused as to why I didn't have any sitting on my front porch waiting for me this morning....but that is neither here nor there LOL Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun + yummy combo! You always have the best sweets!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little pineapple on top at the end! These sound great and look scrumptious! I am partial to cream cheese icing (see what I did there?) but this buttercream looks amazing! Have a happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little pineapple toothpick is the cutest. I'm pretty sure I could eat the frosting and be plenty happy, but putting it on top of a cupcake, well that's jus the icing on the cake. HA (I fancy myself a comedian #lame) Thanks for the recipe friend. I still haven't worked up the nerve to order that matcha powder. I'm such a chicken!!!🐔 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, matcha AND buttercream frosting!? These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of using this for cupcakes! they look so tasty! Keep this one for your cookbook :) Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These sound so delicious! I would never have thought to make cupcakes with matcha. It looks like a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m a sucker for anything that has buttercream frosting, and the fact that it’s a little healthy is definitely a double win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum!!! These look delicious! I need to try them ASAP! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so good! That frosting! Yum!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  19. You KNOW I would love these. YUM- they look and sound so good. You are the most creative. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to look for this Matcha powder!! I love how you said you smothered the leftovers in-between graham crackers. I love icing in-between graham crackers! Lol! Yum!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummy. Another way to use Matcha that I never thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have no idea what Matcha us or what it can do for me, but I do know what those cute cup cakes can do for me and I want some - hope they travel well! Hugs, oh beautiful baker, x.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Um, YUM! I don't think I can make these or I would eat the entire batch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cupcakes are one of my favorite treats! yum!
    Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. Hope to see you at the party next week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Cupcakes will be delicious! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a grand idea of using up my matcha powder for cupcakes. They look really good. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the taste of matcha but never made cupcakes with it. Looking forward to trying your recipe. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week and a Happy Holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS