I'M SO FANCY!


Well, that is what this darling Kimono set says. I'm so in love with it's vibrant colors, styling options and how incredibly comfy it is. By the way, who isn't simply loving Kimono's this season!!
 Anyway, this term "I'm So Fancy" evoked so many things for me and ignited this post. 
First of all the song by my adored Iggy Azalea shall forever remain at the top of my charts despite what our children say regarding it's "sooo last year." I have been known to simply begin belting it out at any given moment, at any given place.

However, what the term truly evokes is the fact that I am not really that fancy nor do I want to be. Yes, I adore dressing up in pretty clothes and going out for a lovely dinner now and then. Yet, this mama is perfectly content to stay home in my favorite Eddie Bauer cozy cardi and white comfy pants watching T.V with my family or spending Sunday sans make-up and eating homemade cookies while a crumb or two may get embedded in the couch. I remember years ago driving with a friend to Florida and I had on a yellow jogging suit. When I got out at a gas station my friend reveled to me I had sat on a junior mint and it was all over my butt. I just laughed and said "see this is why I cold never be a politicians wife!" My thinking was that a person with that status would be mortified by such a thing but not me. When I think of fancy, I think Hoity-Toity and please, don't let me ever be that or think of me as that! I'd die! You see Hoity-Toity to me, is someone who is marked by an air of assumed importance, being pompous, stuck-up or overly posh. I am none of those things. I believe all people, despite wealth or status should be treated with the same respect. After all, God created us in his image and he wants us to love each other and not act like we are better than our fellow man or woman.


My husband came home a few weeks ago telling me we had a table reserved for his company at a local Boys and Girls Club Auction. First words out of my mouth were "Is this going to be Hoity-Toity?" Well, you see we live in the R.V capitol of the world along with many small town conservatives and while many of these good people are quite wonderfully supportive of events like this, yes, some (not all) of them are Hoity-Toity."
He assured me I'd be fine. Ya know why? I will be just fine because I will treat each one of them with the respect, love and fun that we all deserve even if they think I am a blonde 
nut ball or that they are better than me! 
I prefer to be the fancy one in my own family (well, I am the only girl) and not in my community and just so my husband and kids remember that, I will keep singing it in the kitchen even if I do have a junior mint stuck to the butt of my white comfy pants!!!!!





Francesca's Mint Clutch Purse HERE
Express Stretch Cropped Legging (love them) HERE
Pink Pumps are (last years line) Steve Madden on Ebay

Airport Styling Fancy

Actual Kimono Tank Set HERE
(the colors are so so much more vibrant in person)

Love you readers, cookie crumbs and all!!! Now go be your own kind of Fancy!!
xoxo
  "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the 
greatest accomplishment."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

40 comments:

  1. Ahh you look really stunning! The Kimono is beautiful and I love the pops of pink - btw it seems as if you live in a beautiful place (the background is gorgeous). xx

    Dressed in the City ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elrese!! I hope your Tuesday is Terrific beautiful lady!!

      Delete
  2. adorable! love that kimono on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous!!! Happy Tuesday and lots of hugs!!

      Delete
  3. This makes me giggle because well you are so fancy!! I love everything about this outfit! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just so so cute Biana!!! Thank you and have a terrific Tuesday!!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Biana! :-) The whole outfit is SO cute on you too!! Love the airport fancy too lol. I so did not look fancy at O'Hare on this last trip..lol. Have a lovely day!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you looked adorable!!! Welcome home and thank you, you sweetheart you!! xo

      Delete
  5. Fabulous kimono and tank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit, lady! The florals are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog and I love how upbeat you sound in it! I feel like I can really hear your "voice". Love the pink pumps too!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susie, what a sweetheart you are!!!! Just checked out your blog and am gonna follow. Just love that Lilly Suit!!! Happy Tuesday sweets

      Delete
  8. Absolutely LOVE all of this pink! So cute!! :)

    XoLindsay
    Sugar & Something

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! totally makes me think of the song, too!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You're so precious!!! Happy Tuesday

      Delete
  10. Love how you mixed these florals! Super cute look.

    Heidi
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heidi!! Hope your day is simply amazing!! xo

      Delete
  11. you crack me up hoity toity? you can fit in any crowd you "stinkin cutie😉"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah ha ha!!! You crack me up! Love that the compliments are coming from a gorgeous blonde with a heart of gold!!! <3

      Delete
  12. Adorable outfit! I love kimonos so much! I don't consider myself very fancy either. This is such a great post!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much. You are such a sweetheart!!! Have a terrific Tuesday!

      Delete
  13. Totally loving this look! The floral on floral is so cute and that kimono is perfect! Great look girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Love that compliment coming from such an awesome fashionista such as yourself!!! :)

      Delete
  14. Loving the look! Super cute kimono! The colors really look great on you, girl! Just stumbled upon your blog and it seems great!

    icantaffordmylifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra, so sweet. I just checked out your rocking blog and followed you on bloglovin and Google+. You and your fiancé are too cute!!!

      Delete
  15. Fabulous Kimino and look..your shoes are adorable and so are you! I just love coming to your blog! Hugs to you my dear!
    xoxoxo Just curious...how did you get your pic on your side bar....I am on blogger too and have no idea how to do this..ugg techy challenged! :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much beautiful dear lady. Hugs back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how much this outfit screams spring! The floral kimono looks really great on you and I love how you paired it with the mint clutch.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks so much sweet Sabrina. ;)

      Delete
  18. Your pink kimono and pink heels are so cute and fun! Love the bright colors!

    XO,
    Emily
    Www.idodeclareblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily!! I love your blog!!

      Delete
  19. yes u r fansy!
    i am in love with your heels!
    very nice outfit!
    kisses
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so cute and lovely!!! Thank you my dear! Kisses back!!

      Delete
  20. Such a great summer look, the colours in your kimono look fab on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much my dear! Sweet of you to say. xx

      Delete
  21. Anonymous22.4.15

    I love your pink shoes and the floral kimono, that's so pretty!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Lorna!! You know I adore your style!!! xx

      Delete
  22. love the shoes :)

    I am following you :)
    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS