THOUGHTFUL BIRTHDAY IDEAS

"It's Your Birthday. We gon' party like it's yo birthday!" 
~50 Cent

Still love that hip hop classic! Anyway, it is my birthday today.
Now, besides that, as I have said before I would much rather give than receive.
I absolutely LOVE celebrating birthdays of friends and family. It is so great to be able to make the day special for them. I am sure we all have some very memorable birthdays and some we would like to forget...

Here are some thoughtful birthday ideas for those you love that won't break the bank but will make the recipient feel special knowing the meaning and love you put behind it.
1. LIST of Why we LOVE Them 
This is my actual list I gave to my father last year on his 70th Birthday. I got the idea from one of my sweet sons, who, a few years ago, gave me a jar filled with 40 pieces of paper on why he loved me. It is one of my most cherished gifts. I sent this to my dad and he said it touched his heart. If you are having a party for your loved one, perhaps you could read it out loud. Many people love going down memory lane and this is a special way to capture the way you look at your loved one.

2. BALLOONS, BALLOONS, BALLOONS
Why your child is sleeping, carefully fill their room with helium balloons, so this is what they wake up to!

or I Love this one...
On a wall close to where they will see it when they awake, put cash or coins into several balloons and blow them up. Tape to a wall or pin to a large, long piece of cork board. Imagine the delight of popping all of those!!

3. BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST


Many people plan a special dinner or go out to a Birthday lunch. I think it is neat to have a special breakfast ready. What kid or adult, for that matter wouldn't LOVE any of these creative and cute breakfasts? Start their day off in a fun way and it sets the tone for the whole Birthday Day!!
4. SMALL TOKENS 



I love the idea of just something small for kids, spouses, teachers, friends, neighbors or co-workers. I especially like gathering a few things to make a "Container" Gift. The little tin buckets you see at Target in the $1 bins or at Dollar and craft stores are perfect for this and Don't cha just love the tag saying "Hope Your Birthday is Buckets of Fun!" I also like to re-purpose mason jars or washed jelly jars. Remove the label with goo gone, clean well and Wha-La, you have a container for your little gifts. For the Party in a Jar for a boy, put candy, a Hostess Cupcake, balloons, blow horns, coins, markers, small toys and cars. For girls, how about nail polish, stickers, socks, jewelry...the possibilities are endless. How about the last one. Hair ties in a jar entitled "I'm HAIR for you anytime" This could work for more occasions than Birthdays!



 Pics from a "few" years ago. A surprise Birthday party my mom threw for me. Loved the red shoe on top of that cake. The cake was cute but my mom will tell you too, it sucked! Worst tasting cake ever!! 
Sorry, cake lady. 
Now I am hungry, time to dig into some "Good" cake, my mom's key-lime Birthday pie, and down an egg roll and friend rice!

May your next Birthday be as special as YOU are!!
xoxo

"The way I see it, you should live everyday like it's your birthday."

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    I'm hoping that you had a great one
    LOvely thoughts too
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How how sweet of you Zarrah!!!! You have a beautiful day as well!!!! :-)
      XO

      Delete
  2. Such great ideas! Thanks for sharing! I like the strawberry fun in particular!

    Katarina x
    http://katarina-ahlsson.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina! Happy day to you!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2.4.15

    I love the sandal cake! Such a cool idea! Happy Birthday!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorna you're such a doll! Thank you. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Andrea! I hope that you have a wonderful day with your family and friends! :-) Love your ideas and pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady!!! You have a wonderful day too!!!! :-) Hugs!!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday!! Love that sandal cake! It's too cute!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Shannon!!! Enjoy your day!! BTW, Beautiful post you have today!!!

      Delete
  6. Great post
    happy birthday
    would you like to follow each other ? I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Loved the post, a really great read! xx

    I'm new to the blogging community and would love to make some friends here if you're interested! :3

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are brilliant! I especially love the one with balloons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweets and again, can I say you Rock the Blog world!!! :-)

      Delete
  9. So many wonderful ideas to make someone feel special on their birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Rachel. I hope you have a beautiful day!!!

      Delete
  10. That flip flop cake and the red cake look so adorable! Sorry that your cake did not taste good! I had one that tasted just awful recently, so I know how disappointing it is. Something so beautiful should taste over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are just a peach!!! Thanks for relating and have a fantastic day. 😊

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to a beautiful talented lady! Enjoy your special day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo hoo!!! Thank you sweet Marilyn!!

      Delete
  12. Such a great ideas!! thanks for sharing!!

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your ideas. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed the cinnamon roll "cake".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful because of my sweet momma!!! :-) love love love every single thing and Love you xoxo

      Delete
  14. Sounds like an amazing birthday party! That cake is wonderful dear. My sister’s birthday is about to come and I want to throw a grand party for her. It would be very helpful if you can share some party space rentals in Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS