HAPPY MONDAY. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
Recently, I got to thinking about the things that we do that may cause more harm than good and I made up this list of 9 things you should never ever do. Keep in mind, if you do them, I will not ever judge you, these are just my opinions but things I will make sure not to do if possible.
1. Waste a Beautiful Day. - This past Saturday was glorious. I could not let it go to waste, nor should you. A sun shiny 75 degree day with a light breeze doesn’t come around very often in these parts. Savor it. If you are off work or home with the kids, get out there. Even if it is just sitting in the sun with a good book, soak it up, not to mention the vitamin D!!!
As you can see, we did not waste Saturday one bit!!
3. Putting off your medical and dental exams. – Yearly exams, skin checks, teeth cleaning, and if over 40, mammos! These are all things you should not put off. Early detection can save your life, save the ta ta's and save your teeth.
4. Complaining about your job, co-workers or boss on social media. - While this may seem like a no-brainer, sharing any negative feedback about your current job, employer or co-workers is the number one no-no. Don't doubt that future (and current) employers will raise a red-flag at the slightest jab or complaint via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. Even a simple "dreading going to the office" or "bored at work" comment is a bad way to brand yourself in any industry.
5. Eat it if it smells bad. - I am a sticker about getting rid of perishables and left overs if past the use by dates or rules for how long to keep said items. If in doubt, I toss, but if it smells, um I proceed to the garage trash can immediately. Yuck
6. Attempt to be everything to everyone. – It’s impossible to please everyone, and you shouldn’t try. Period. Some people will constantly tell you what you did wrong, and then hesitate to compliment you for what you did right. Don’t be one of them, and don’t pay attention to them. Once you get that it truly is impossible to please everyone, you begin to live more purposefully, trying to please only the right people.
7. Let one dark cloud cover the entire sky. – Take a deep breath. It’s just a bad moment, or a bad day, not a bad life. Everyone has troubles. Everyone makes mistakes. The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles. For happy people, no one event is ever the whole story. We should remind ourselves of this each and every day.
8. Take Everything Seriously. - You have to be able to laugh… a lot. Sure, life can have its challenges and some days are straight up hard. But try to treat every experience either as a lesson or a blessing. Try to get the most out of your life and laugh as often as you can. When you stop laughing and you begin to take every single thing seriously, your life, your relationships, your marriage is going to suffer and become unhealthy.
9. Run from problems that should be fixed. – Stop running! I know it’s easy to do, or to slide it under the rug. Face these issues, fix the problems if you can, communicate, appreciate, forgive and LOVE the people who deserve it!
Have a wonderful week everybody!
"Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done."