UP NORTH


Happy Monday, Happy November, Happy Holiday Music on Sirius radio, basically Happy Holiday season!! As you may know, my husband and I LOVE lake Michigan, especially up in Northern Michigan. Last weekend we made the 4 1/2 hour drive North for a glorious 3 day, long and leisurely weekend that we both so needed. The leaves were at their peak, nowhere was crowded and we had some beautiful, crisp weather.

Our Home away from Home

Living Area/Guest Bath/Our View

 Saturday was chill day with our yummy usual meals from the town hot spot called Dinghy's. They made me my beloved Baileys and decaf and I was in heaven. After an afternoon nap, we headed out to the local brewery for drinks, eats and a jazz group called dot.org organ jazz trio made up of 3 teenage boys, no, not our 3, but some pretty talented boys none the less.




The Stormcloud brewery



Sunday was breakfast at the beloved town bakery. After pumpkin doughnuts,  egg and bacon paninis and the best Latte ever, it was a sunshine crisp day just ready for hiking, leaf gazing and high step counts on our Fitbits. Oh yeah and a snake....I actually had a nightmare about this sucker the crossed our hiking path. MUCH bigger in my mind than on the trail.



Blue waters as beautiful as the Caribbean



After our hikes, we rested up as we knew the 6:44pm sunset was going to be glorious.
 The Sunday night Sunset did not disappoint. As we were gazing at it, a sweet man in his 70's or so came up behind out bench and asked it we'd like a picture. How lovely as when we go on trips, just he two of us, there are not many couple photos. The meaning behind the bench will someday be a whole story in itself and a future post as this bench has significant meaning and the reason this town is another home to us!
The sunsets really are beautiful every.single.time!!

Sunday Night Dinner was at the Cru Wine Cellar. It is where we go for Date night in the Summer when on vacation with our boys and it did not disappoint. Such good Farm to Table food. We had toasted ravioli, the Cru burger with onion pesto and arugula, and the most diving acorn squash soup. A fabulous Moscato and IPA topped off the perfect meal.

Monday was a nice morning full of coffee, apples and pumpkin doughnuts. Then another scenic leaf drive and a leisurely drive home with fun pit stops along the way. 



 Green Acres can be seen from the road and the decor never disappoints...
Look at those big pumpkins and orange outhouses!
I got the rust cozy scarf at TJ Maxx and it goes perfectly with the rust colored skinny cords from the Loft.

My wish is that your week gets off to a great start!!
Linking up with Biana
xoxo

23 comments:

  1. The views you had from the house and just everywhere you took pictures were incredible! I love the sunset photos and so happy you were able to get away for a weekend adventure! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!! There's nothing better then being Up North!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your "home away from home" is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a fantastic trip. I love the photos of the foliage and water :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery there is just GORGEOUS! I have never been there before but it looks absolutely stunning. Glad you enjoyed your weekend away!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was the most perfect weekend!! the pics i bet don't do it justice, and the pics were pretty amazing!! glad you were able to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home away from home and the town looks so cute! Your photos are gorgeous! It sounds like the perfect weekend away!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2.11.15

    So so beautiful!!! I'm glad it was a pretty sunny weekend while you were up there...it would have so disappointing to have missed that sunset!!!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sounding trip!!! I love all of your pictures too, everything looks so beautiful including you! :-) I'm glad that you and the hubs had a nice time together and that story about the older man is too cute. :-) Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, GURL! Your pictures are gorgeous and I love that one of you and Hubs that the stranger took! Just beautiful! I've never been to Michigan, but now you've got me wanting to go so bad! What a perfect get away weekend! I hope your Monday rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I hope one day my husband and I can make a trip like that in our 5th wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful trip, beautiful pictures. What a perfect Fall weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful place!! Can't get over those views and fall colors!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are gorgeous!!!!!!!! Love the sunset! And the two of you on the bench is so precious :) Now pass those pumpkin donuts and toasted ravioli please! I love toasted ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That area looks so beautiful! That's so great that you took this trip with just the two of you! Everyone needs quality couple time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pictures! And it sounds like a perfect getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are beautiful, Andrea! From the fall trees to the gorgeous water, absolutely stunning! Looks like it was a wonderful weekend!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful fabulous post! I am so happy to read that you had a wonderful time in such a beautiful place xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like such a gorgeous place to visit!! Beautiful sunset, yummy food, and even a pumpkin patch. Fall perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, how beautiful! I've never been to Michigan. So fun that you had a great weekend away with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Michigan is so beautiful! I've never been, but now I want to go! :) Looks like y'all had an amazing and relaxing time.

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like you had such a lovely trip! What amazing views across the ocean! I love autumn, but wow England in the fall doesn't compare to this in the slightest.

    Kirstie | www.kimamelybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! How I miss that place!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous place! I love the Texas Hill Country, but we don't have as much fall color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS