CHERRY DELIGHT



"Gotta make the Cherry Delight for Jimmy Scott." My parents are from the southern part of the state and most southern Indiana folks call family members by their first and middle names. Whenever my cousin, Jimmy Scott, who is 6 yrs older than me was coming over, my mom would make him his favorite: Cherry Delight!! Everyone in our family loved it and I occasionally will get hungry for it and make a small pan. You really could use other fruit toppings and call it Pineapple Delight, Blueberry Delight, etc. However, the Cherry is so yummy and super festive at Christmastime and well, it is the one that just brings back memories of childhood when we still got together at the holidays with our extended family and cousins. Yum  
Look at my mom's beautiful, long blonde hair.

                                             Sorry about the grainy 1970's photos, lol!



I think you'll love how tasty and refreshing this is. I like to serve it for dessert after a yummy soup or chili meal. This recipe is for 9x13 pan but I often reduce and just make a square 8x8.

 What you'll need

CHERRY DELIGHT

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp. sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted

1 16oz tub cool whip
3 8oz pkg. cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 cans cherry pie filling


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar, grahams and melted butter and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and let crust cool. Mix cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Fold in cool whip and spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with the pie filling and chill covered until ready to serve.




Happy Tasty Tuesday....It's almost Christmas
xoxo
"Life is a Bowl of Cherries".......

22 comments:

  1. Those throwback photos of you are so cute - you're just as happy today as you were back when you were a child!! This sounds so great for the holidays - you're right the cherries are perfect for this time of year! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Your childhood photos are so cute! I love recipes that have fun memories attached, especially when they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing recipe! And those pics are too cute! Look at you all smiles <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable photos!! And of course, this dessert (as usual) sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds like a great one! i love cherries. i also love the stories behind this. that's interesting how they call ppl by first and middle names. i love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite desserts and rarely does anyone know about it so that's awesome that you shared it today! Looks delicious! Hope you have a Merry Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely saving this recipe; thanks for sharing it with us! What great memories it brings you! Your mom was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those old pics!! :)
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy- and your mom is a total babe! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, this looks delicious! And you were such a cute child with a big smile from ear to ear, Andrea Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing, Andrea! My mom loves anything with cherries so I will have to try to make this for her! Love the throwback pictures too!

    Xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks yummy! Using middle names really is a southern thing...my cousin is from Mississippi and they have two boys and call them by their middle names. They don't even use their first names at all.

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh this sounds amazing!!! Cherry pie is one of my favorite pies and I love the twist on this one. Andrea Lynn, Nadine Lynn. We are like the same person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely making this for Christmas! It looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the throwback pictures! This sounds like an amazing desert!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cherry dessert - this sounds so good. Thank you for including your childhood old photos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a yummy recipe!! Soooo nice to have family traditions. There are a few recipes in my family that have also been passed down and made throughout the decades. So wonderful!!

    Also, thank you SO much for leaving such kind words on my blog regarding my recent break up. I sincerely appreciate your encouragement. Merry Christmas to you!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Pink Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  19. yum, I have a go-to recipe that is VERY similar to this!! now I'm craving it!!

    Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohhh yes who could resist sweet cherries on a heavenly cloud? I have had this at a church function, now I can make my own! nom nom :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My grandma always used to make this.. it reminds me of the flavors of family! Thanks so much for linking up to You're Gonna Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yum, this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS