ALL-AMERICAN SEA SALT CARAMELS

Ahhh, sweet and salty..it gets me every time!! I bought a bag of the patriotic M&M's and thought "Hey, I need to make a little bite sized candy outta these for the 4th!" Thus, these sea salt, white chocolate and caramel covered cashew babies were born!! 
Yum  


They just look so festive and would make a great gift or fun treat to take to your 4th get together.
They also freeze really well, which is what I did with half the batch and then I'll get them out about an hour before treat time on the 4th.

What you'll need

ALL AMERICAN SEA SALT CARAMELS

INGREDIENTS
1 (8.5 oz) can Salted whole Cashews (I like Planters)
1 (110z) bag Kraft Caramel Bits
8 ozs white Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
Course Sea Salt to sprinkle on candies
Red, White and Blue M&M's

DIRECTIONS
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place clusters of the cashews (about 6-8) of the cashews about 2 inches apart on the parchment and set aside. In a microwave safe medium to large mixing bowl, place the caramel bits and cream, microwave for 30 seconds, stir and continue to microwave and stir at 30 sec. Intervals for about 3 minutes until caramel bits are smooth and melted. Spoon 2 teaspoons on each cashew cluster. In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate or per pkg instructions in the microwave. Spoon a heaping teaspoon onto each caramel and sprinkle with sea salt. After about 30 minutes, lightly place a few M&M's on each caramel and refrigerate a couple hours until firm. The can be refrigerated for a couple weeks or frozen for up to 3 months. 



The nuts clustered with the caramel spooned on top, cooling while I melted the chocolate

 With the chocolate

So cute with the festive M&M's added
Happy Tasty Tuesday! 
Linking up with Tasty Tuesdays // Tuesday Talk // Wonderful Wednesday's Blog Hop // Full Plate Thursday // Recipe Sharing Party~YUM // Create It Thursday // Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday // Two Uses Tuesday // Creative Muster Party // Wow Us Wednesdays // Thursday Favorite things Blog Hop //Best Of The Weekend Wake Up Wednesday // Handmade Hangout // Simple and Sweet Fridays // Throwback Thursday // Share It // Too Cute Tuesdsy // Sweet and Simple Fridays // Grace At Home // Inspire Me Monday // Friday Favorites  // Creativity Unleashed // Two Cup Tuesday // The Alder Collective // The SITS Girls Clever Chicks Blog Hop // Snickerdoodle Sunday //Meal Plan Monday #116 /Between Naps on The Porch // The Scoop // Weekend Potluck // Delicious Dishes Recipe Party

xoxo


43 comments:

  1. I think the kids and I should make these. Caramel is my most favorite so I don't think the kids and I should make these I know the kids and I should make these! Oh and I am going to share this on my FB page today too ;) xo babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I weren't cutting out sweets, I would make these this week! They look so easy!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...these look like something I couldn't stop eating!!! So tasty I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! These are too cute and festive, my husband would love these <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're bringing these to our 4th of July party, right?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy, Andrea! And I love that you added the red, white and blue M&M's for a patriotic spin. Looks pretty easy too!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO yum and perfect for the 4th! Thanks for sharing this!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love festive treats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound delicious! I love that you can freeze them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look and sound amazing! I cannot wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so delicious and so easy to make too! I'm a huge fan of anything that has sea salt and caramel in the title, so I'd love to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, get in my belly!!!!! Caramel and m&ms???? I am sold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl you get me every. single. time. I love white chocolate and sea salt caramel anything and these are just too cute not to want to make. Love this! Hope you're having a great week gorgeous! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my heavens, you've outdid yourself on these! These look amazing! Adding these ingredients to my grocery list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, they look so festive and yummy. My favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! These look so delish and festive! :)
    http://lifestylefinesse.com/wise/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooh, yum! I love sweet and salty too! These look delicious and so darn festive too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love using those Kraft caramel bits. These look heavenly. Pinning.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why thank you Andrea I WILL be making these this weekend, they look amazing!!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy YUM, how cute and festive! You're so creative friend, thanks for sharing this tastiness with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those sound delicious and so cute for 4th of July celebrations. I love the addition of caramel. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look amazing! They are so cute and festive too! I'm definitely going to have to make these!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a sucker for sweet and salty treats, and these look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Did you just think these up? Seriously, so cute! And I do love some sweet and salty combined!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really should not be looking and reading this! I am getting Hooked on caramel and sea salt. Buying lots of Tony Chocolony!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really should not be looking and reading this! I am getting Hooked on caramel and sea salt. Buying lots of Tony Chocolony!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look delicious! I love caramel and sea salt.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yum, I could probably eat all of those if you asked me to :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yum - those sound amazing! Pinning to try for my family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh you are such a tease! =-) These tasty treats look awesome...I'm wild about caramels AND cashews. YUUUMMMMM! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those look so delicious!! I had to pin this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my, these look incredible! Would love for you to share these at the Celebrate the USA Link Party open thru July 4th. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle and pinning to share :)
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. it's super cute! For sure kids (and adults) will devour it :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have been eating those little caramel things in plain Greek yogurt - kind of like ice cream with sprinkles but not as sweet. These caramels look divine. How in the world do you maintain such an incredible figure while cooking up goodies like this. I want your exercise plan, diet or metabolism!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How fun are these!! Hope you had a happy 4th & Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  36. These sound yummy and so easy! Thanks for sharing at You Link It, We Make It - hope to see you back tomorrow to party!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I definitely appreciate your blog. Excellent work!
    Gourmet sea salt

    ReplyDelete
  38. Salty, sweet, chocolate, and caramel--I am in! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG these look like trouble. Of course, I love trouble like this. 😊 Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe. I will be featuring it in my Memorial Day Picnic Recipes on Sunday at 6pm PST. Hope to see you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those look amazing! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yummy! I love the sweet and salty combo, so this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS