FRIDAY FAVORITES...Open House Edition


Whoop whoop, let the festivities begin!! I am gonna wish you all lovely, relaxing and fun filled weekend and then I'm going a lil MIA today from Blogland...but you know what I'll be up too...PAAAARTAY Prepping!! Yep, balloons, posters, awards, banners, collages, food, cupcakes....a life sized grad guy made out of balloons...oh it's on...so excited!!


1. Lake Sunset Martini
OK, first of all a big NO we are not having alcohol at our Boy's grad parties. However, who's to say mama can't enjoy one of these to get her through the emotional week!! And you can too with this recipe..
Lake Sunset Martini
1 3/4 oz Stoli Vanilla Vodka
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
1 dash tripel sec
1 dash grenedine
Fill cocktail shaker with ice, add ingredients, shake and strain into a martini glass garnished with orange slice. Cheers!


2. T-Shirt Blanket
friend made this for one of our grads..some of his high school t-shirts.....imagine cozying up in this at college.

3. Maxi Dresses
Wednesday I did a post on a Maxi Dress I wore to the beach Here.  It got me thinking about how great it is to find the perfect maxi dress. This one just spoke to me in a TJ Maxx dressing room. Again, the fit, the length for flats with out dragging on the ground and being able to wear that regular bra just makes it perfect!! Excuse the "can't take a selfie in the dressing room for nothing" pic, lol.



Here are some more pretty Maxi's 




come on...so much cuteness..these 4th of July Maxi's are from jane.com

4. Week's Attire
Another fabulous summer week, this bare legs at work gal is happy!!!!
Eddie Bauer dress, American Rag from Macy's cardigan, Wal-Mart sandals, American Eagle necklace


The Loft top, owl necklace gift. Old Navy skirt, Anne Klein flats


The Loft Cardigan, JC Penny Top, Wal-Mart sandals


And After work this day, I got one of the raved about Strawberry Acai Refreshers with coconut milk I heard about on Emelia's Blog...yep lived up to the hype...SOOOO Good!! 
I've been hearing they call it the secret "Pink Drink, " but I don't think it's so secret anymore!!

5. Graduate Boards
The names are covered as you know I don't divulge them, but here are two of the party boards. I got a little carried away as there are more then just these. Did you have grad picture boards? So many fun ways to display them.
So excited to celebrate these guys and to wish you an wonderful weekend!!

Linking up with  Amanda // Friday Favorites  // Oh Hey, Friday  // High 5 For Friday // 5 on Friday 

xoxo

35 comments:

  1. You are the greatest mom - this party is going to be such an amazing success!! Have the best weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been saving my daughter's old tee shirts for years and always wanted to make a tee-shirt blanket or quilt! Those photo boards look great! Your party is going to be so much fun! Have an amazing weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those boards! Also I think we should be drinking those yummy cocktails overlooking some water together, no? Great looks this week and that hot pink maxi is calling my name :) Happy weekend gorgeous friend! Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have so much fun this weekend, Andrea! I love the boards you made, they look so great! My mom made me a quilt with all my tennis tournament shirts from when I was younger a few years ago and I love it so much! And such a fun way to display those memories. Happy Friday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a blast this weekend lady! You look so darn cute in your maxi dresses and that coral sweater you wore to work is so adorable! Happy Friday love!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those picture boards! How special! Your boys are so lucky to have such a great mom!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty outfits and dresses, as usual! That mrtini looks SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that shirt blanket idea...I think I'm going to start putting aside some of my kids favourite shirts for later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that t-shirt blanket! I really wish I knew someone who could make one for me!

    Stopping over from the link up. Hope you can hop by my blog as well! http://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com/2016/06/friday-favorites-41/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My parents made a t-shirt blanket for me, and it is so special. Loving your maxi dress inspiration. Have a good weekend!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some great maxi dress inspiration. I could live in maxis in the summer. what a great idea with the graduation boards. Have a nice weekend :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that maxi dress from TJ Maxx, I find a lot of mine there...and Marshall's. I am so excited you loved the drink! I have t-shirts saved of Ethan's and need to put together a blanket...I'll be making a few with how many I have, haha!Have the best weekend celebrating your guys. The party sounds so awesome, without a doubt it will be with you planning...you're the best Mom! Have so much fun-I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That martini looks delish, and loving all those maxis! Enjoy every second of this exciting weekend with your family <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww love the blanket and grad boards!!! All of those maxis look awesome! I have got to find some that fit me right. I have tried for two years and have come up empty. Maybe this will be my summer. Best wishes with the party!!! With you planning, I am sure it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg the blanket and grad boards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun!!! My Mom did graduate boards too and I kept it for SO long!! Love the maxi dresses too, especially that black and white one!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun this weekend celebrating your boys! Love the idea of the posters! And that blanket! That is so awesome! I love a good maxi, too, that doesn't drag the floor, but they are so hard to find for this 5'3" Mama! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to you and your family! Graduation! That is such a big milestone! I hope you soak up every second! That blanket is awesome, btw! It looks so comfy! I cant wait to hear all about the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never heard of graduate boards - how fun! Have the best time celebrating your two grads this weekend - so much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That martini looks pretty and sounds yummy, too. I am a huge maxi dress fan, but only if I can wear a normal bra. I also like the dresses that are fitted a little, like your gray one. I hope you have a great weekend celebrating your graduates.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you guys have an amazing time celebrating! That grey maxi..perfection on you! Thinking a martini is just what I really need today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful maxi dresses! THose graduate boards are SUch a cool idea. Have fun at the par-tay!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such great friends...Love the shirt blanket! Oh, and maxi dresses! YES! YES! All summer long, my gorgeous friend! Love you to the moon and back!

    Happy Weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have so much fun, can't wait to see how you decorated and I'm sure going above and beyond with great party decorations! So excited for you friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did such a great job on the boards! I really love that red maxi.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aaah! You can do it! I can't wait to see pictures of the big party!

    ReplyDelete
  27. you make the most fun drinks!!!
    omg I love what a proud and devoted momma you are!!!! how blessed those boys are!
    have an AMAZING weekend

    ReplyDelete
  28. Again a delicious cocktail! Mmmmm😀 what a fabilious time now that your Boys have gradituded! It seems you are going to have the best Summer. That Grey Maxi dress is the perfect one as you name al the advandages. Enjoythe weekend! Fancy Friday linkup is still on www.nancysfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That cocktail looks very delicious! I will be right over for one lol. Your outfits are all very pretty too. I am loving that top with the pink cardigan. Your graduate boards are so cute too!! I hope that your weekend is off to a great start and stay cool out there!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that cocktail! Storyline saved in small things.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That t-shirt blanket is awesome! I need to do that with my old school tees. Hope you all are having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the maxi's and the grad boards. Hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful celebration weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating the graduates!!! I love the blanket & the boards! Great way to look back!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hope everything went well! Both my brother and I have a t shirt blanket and I always see his out when I am there and I use mine still, too! My mom mad some amazing scrapbooks instead of boards, which I still love looking through!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great weekend post. That fruity martini is so me. Your new gray maxi dress looks like a dream but you know I love the one from Kohl's. And it looks like your sons' graduation party was a hit. I love the boards you made with all their pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS