THE NINE'S DO NAPLES


Can you imagine my surprise when Mr. Nine called me just a few weeks ago and said what are we doing on Feb 23rd? Just that question made me know that it was something so good! And indeed it was, and last-minute trip to sunny Naples Florida for our much-needed vitamin D pool and beach fix!

Flying in Style

Look...a pineapple in my drink and sooooo GOOD!!

Accommodations
With it being so last minute, it was kind of just roll the dice and pick one. I have to say Mr. Nine picked an excellent choice and we could not have been happier with our accommodations. The Naples Grande Beach Resort is in a wonderful location and the service there was spectacular. We had a lovely breakfast buffet each morning. Anytime I can get fresh fruit and a homemade omelette station, I'm a happy girl! They had an adult pool and a large family pool with a slide that was such a fun area to be in, to swim and people watch. Not to mention, the tiki bar mixed up some fabulous drinks and wonderful lunches.




I'm a Sucker for an oversized chair any day!!!

Literally, our lunch every.single.day!!

Food
Of course the pool lunches Segway right into one of the most important things on vacation and that is the food! When I am on vacation, I seriously do not worry as much about what I'm eating but I still tend to make some more helpful choices at times. Our lunch is pretty much ended up consisting of the same thing every day because it was just that good! We would split the my fish tacos and a side order fruit and they would give us some wonderful beans and rice of which we dip homemade nacho chips in the beans and it was delicious! When we go on vacation we like to get a mix of different kinds of restaurants, so the first night we started out with Italian at a place called Rosedale Brick Oven ran by to old-school Italians Joe and Joe. We had this for phenomenal fried rice ball for an appetizer.




Next up was a place I had read about and made reservations. M Waterfront Grille. We sat right by the water and it was a magnificent meal complete with my fav...a key lime martini!!

The Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad was spectacular!!



Cheers!!

We were able to walk down from our hotel to a place called Waterside shops where we ate at BrickTops

Gorgeous area

Oh my word...I would've gone to Naples just for this app....Deviled eggs and Millionaires bacon....absolutely delicious and so unique to see on a menu.

Next up, Pool Time
As I said, there was an adult pool and the family side pool which was huge and we actually enjoyed spending time at both. The only drawback was it was one of those things were people went down at the crack of dawn to save their chairs with towels so it was kind of a scramble but it worked out great and boy it sure was fun to people watch and take a refreshing dip every time we got hot. One of the things I love most resorts like this is the service. They come right to your chair and get you whatever you need.

View looking down from our room



Leopard Fly Away Tankini top from Target HERE
Best tankini top ever, the top portion stayed up even in the pool without the straps and it was so flowy and fun.

Beach time. 
I would have to say that was the only drawback of this resort is it is not a walk right out to your beach kind of place. There is a tram that you have to take through the Grove and across the bay which is about point 7/10ths of a mile. We also would walk it the sometimes but it was just kind of nice to hop on the tram. They literally have six trams running so you get there in no time. Again, so nice to have a cabana boy grab your towels and umbrella and seat you in a prime location.



Outfit pictures/Shopping/Cars
And last but not least and when I'm in the sunny location vacation very important is shopping and outfit pictures. There was absolutely wonderful shopping located close to us but I never shopped once. Can you believe there was a Nordstrom only three blocks away and I never went? It was just more important to spend time in the sun, have great dinners and enjoy my husband instead of 
trying on 38 pairs of jeans and sandals , ha ha. Now, had we been there for a week, a serious shipping day or two would have occurred.

Mr. Nine was gracious to take a few sets of outfits pics for me for Wednesday blog posts. We only did one with the good camera as the iphone gets some good ones. Can't wait to show them to you!! Here is a sneek peak of my dinner outfits:

The cars in Naples are amazing. Everywhere you look is a sports car. I'm a sucker for red calipers. 


GREAT TRIP and counting down to the next one. Nothing like exploring destinations outside of the cornfields of Indiana!! Happy Monday Beautiful Babes!!

xoxo

57 comments:

  1. What a fun little getaway! Love that you and your hubby got to do a vacation just the two of you!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How fun was that trip?? Glad you had a blast and got some vitamin D too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect get away! I love Florida so much and am so glad you could sneak away from the Midwest just in the nick of time to get some Vitamin D & Sea therapy! Love that tan, leopard top, and had to laugh at deviled eggs for breakfast...my husband is a deviled egg fool! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys do surprise trips RIGHT girl!! First of all, can we talk about how you guys got down there...private plane?! So fun!! So glad you got to get away and relax, just the two of you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great getaway! Looks like a perfect adult weekend with sun, food, and just each other! How did you score the private jet transportation...I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous! What an awesome surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a nice trip!
    Xo, Elizabeth
    http://stripesandsolitaires.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um wow luxury vacay, I'm used to budget travels so I'm impressed. Also that chair was bigger than you-too cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had the perfect little giveaway! I've never been to Naples but it sounds like you stayed at the perfect resort!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what an awesome trip!! The pool and food look amazing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like an amazing trip! I'm sure you enjoyed that beautiful sunshine! Have a lovely week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like the perfect getaway! So cool you headed down there in a private plane! All of the food looks delicious and the pool and ocean amazing!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous of all of the time that you got to spend down by the pool and the beach!! Your room is so gorgeous too!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This trip looked amazing! Can I borrow your plane please?!?! ;)
    That food and that view! Glad y'all had fun! You look gorgeous!!

    Brittany :)
    www.kingdomofsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect get away! Just what the doctor ordered, I'm sure. It looks like you guys made the most of it! I am a bit jealous but really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your trip looks like it was an absolute blast and you deserved every minute of the relaxation and pampering! Steven and I are planning a FL trip later this year so I'll definitely be checking out this resort!!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great trip!! Looks like so much fun!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome amazing getaway!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well now you've got me in a major vacation mode, pretty girl!! This looks like such a great trip! You both look SO happy and relaxed. Love that private plane picture too. So fancy!! Have a great week, gorgeous!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandalce.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect timing on your review. We are headed there in late April for hubby's work trip. Staying at the Ritz Carlton. So looking forward to it. And, I can tell ya I will have to take him to Brick Tops just for those deviled eggs and bacon!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love that he surprised you with this. That makes it even better. Your accommodations look amazing. I am all about the food too, and it looks like it did not disappoint. Glad you enjoyed lady!


    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing getaway in every way. I loved all the pics and it looks absolutely beautiful just like yourself. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like such a fun & relaxing trip! Your room looks amazing! Great last minute choice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Looks it was an Ah-Mazing time!! Love that you flew private. That hotel looks so awesome!! I love the waterside shops. They have a great Saks! haha. I'm so very happy that you and Mr. Nine had a wonderful vacation. Love love your pink bikini!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like it was a fabulous trip, Andrea! All the food looks amazing, especially that heirloom tomato salad with burrata -- that's my favorite thing ever! Naples is so pretty, we were in Marco Island a few years ago for our anniversary and spent a day in Naples. Of course we hit that outdoor mall! What a wonderful surprise from your husband!! Happy Monday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  26. Way to live it up and enjoy life. Heading over to check out your tankini now. Glad you had such a restful surprise vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that's the only way I would like to fly - in more personal quarters on a private plane.
    It all looks so FANCYYYYY... & yep, I'm the same way with oversized chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun trip!! The place you stayed sounds fabulous! I wish everywhere had adult pools. I mean, now I have to go to the family one...but nothing is more annoying than when you are trying to relax and have to worry about being in a constant splash zone with kids. All of your food looked so good! You know you are in the south when deviled eggs and bacon is a thing ;) Love your outfits! Is the tummy area of that leopard top sheer or is it regular material? They had one last year that was sheer and I was like oh maannnnnnn. I have some stuff to hide this year so I dont want anything sheer!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so jealous! This looks like the perfect getaway. All I really need is the sunshine and some great food near water..beach or pool I do not care! I'm cracking up that we both dined somewhere recently serving deviled eggs. Yesterday ours was topped with a fried oyster. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahhh...everything screams fun, relaxation and fruity cocktails! I'm so glad you two had a great time -- y'all deserve it!
    Can't wait to see your dinner outfits, fashionista!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing trip! My best friend lived in Naples for a year and she said that it was so beautiful there.

    And may I saw that you look like a freaking supermodel at the pool and the beach! I've never seen somebody look so chic in a bathing suit! I always look like I just rolled out of bed... probably because I do! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  32. GURL!! Next time Mr. Nine decides to book a trip, tell him to call the Horton's. Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful getaway for y'all! I have never been there but it looks beautiful. And speaking of beautiful, you looks that way in all your summer gear and with that tan. I need a vacation stat!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an AWESOME trip!
    I am looking for that leopard tankini top next time I am at Target! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a luxurious getaway! It looks like you all had an absolute blast! I love your tankini too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can we talk about how perfect your entire vacation looked! The resort looks fantastic, the food delicious, and it looks like you had the best time relaxing by the pool and at the beach! It looks like you entire trip was the perfect little getaway in the middle of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What an awesome vacation! I'd love to be beachside right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Terrific trip report, you are such a beach babe! The food looks amazing!
    xoxo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  39. Now I'm craving another sunny trip. This looks like an absolute blast and you two know how to enjoy a vacation. Such good food- fun in the water and smiles galore. I love reading about your trips- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The resort looks gorgeous as do you in your beachy outfits and swimsuits!! I'm sure flying in style made the whole process of traveling much less stressful before relaxing in paradise with a yummy pineapple cocktail or two ;-) Sounds like a much needed warm and sunny vacay for you and the hubs! Only wish I lived closer to stop by and say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your vacay sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Holy cow, looks like an awesome time- I have heard great things about Naples. Love your leopard tankini!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great surprise and fun getaway! Your hotel looks amazing, the food looks delicious, and all of your smiles look like you had the best time!! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a wonderful getaway! You look so happy & relaxed! Looks and sounds perfect!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  45. As I'm reading this, it's snowing here - again! Your trip looked like so much fun. I've only been to Florida for Disney - I need to hit up the beach! You look relaxed and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  47. It looked like you had the most amazing time. I could do with some sun and warmth right about now, but I think it's on it's way...lol
    I LOVE your leopard print tankini top - gorgeous!!
    Suzy xx
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a perfect getaway! Since it is pouring down rain today, the sun and beach look especially appealing. Cute tankini! The only thing I could recreate from your trip are the deviled eggs...ha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great pictures Andrea! No doubt you guys had a fantastic time! lol, this post has got me thinking about taking my own vacation . . . I'm so ready! Have a great week!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a fantastic semi-last minute vacay! Looks like you guys took full advantage of the trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Is that a private plane?! How fancy! SO fun! Looks like you guys had an AWESOME time! All that food looks great, but especially the deviled eggs and millionaires bacon! Um, YUM! So glad you guys had this fun little getaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. THIS IS AMAZING! Congrats on what looks like a great trip!

    www.shesleaninginblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am loving your trip. How much fun. Love all the food you posted. Now I am hungry. ha. And your hotel is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. You have me dreaming of a vaca with just me and the hubby! That will happen in like 10 years maybe?! LOL. This looks like the absolute best time!!! I would have devoured that deviled egg app!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. You are one lucky, beautiful lady!!!! He sounds like a keeper!!! Looks like such a fun trip and that food looks delicious. Can't wait to see your entire outfits...the sneak peeks are looking so fabulous!!!

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  56. W O W !!!!! What an AMAZING trip!!! Loving the views and how cute are the two of you?! All that food has me hungry - YUMmm! Glad you had such a fantastic time!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. My roommate in college was from Naples. I would visit with her...I remember telling my parents who were living in Italy at that time that there were no poor people in Naples. He assured me there were. Anyways, looks like a fabulous trip! Was this business or pleasure? I want to know about the private jet too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS