BOK CHOY, CHICKEN & MUSHROOM STIR FRY

Have I got a healthy and flavorful recipe for you! My sister-in-law gave me this recipe and uses it as a side dish but I decided to add chicken and make it a main dish & serve it over rice for everyone but me. I was just fine with what was in the skillet sans the rice but I know the rice added a hearty bottom for the guys in the family. For those of you that don’t know, bok choy is nice and mild. It’s the sauce that gives it so much flavor. I had never heard of the shoaxing rice wine but found it easily on Amazon. It’s a wonderful rice wine that is red in color. Here’s the great thing about this recipe, it makes four servings and each serving only has about 150 cal.



What You'll need

Bok Choy, Chicken & Mushroom Stir Fry
INGREDIENTS 
1-pound bok choy
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon ginger
6 oz. button or Cremini mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine* (BUY HERE)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS 
Trim the bases of the bok choy and separate leaves rinsing and drying carefully. You could use a salad spinner for this. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat until hot. Add the olive oil, garlic and ginger. Stir and then immediately add the mushrooms and stir fry until they begin to brown, about two minutes. Add in the rice wine and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the bok choy (leaves & stalks) and cook, tossing until the leaves begin to wilt, about one minute. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper tossing often until the bok choy is tender crisp about another two minutes. Add in your shredded chicken, toss to coat and serve immediately. 

Before the chicken... Boo Choy kind of wilting in the pan





HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY


16 comments:

  1. This looks so good and I love that it is so healthy! I need to get some of that rice wine so I can cook this up!
    Happy Tuesday beautiful!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy bok choy and I am hoping we'll get plenty from our CSA this summer. I am going to have this on my list of things to make for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like bok choy! And I like stir fries as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a good stir fry! This sounds so delicious!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good stir fry, nothing like a delicious one pan meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had Bok Choy in forever! I used to just saute it a fry pan. Your recipe looks good.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Stella Cadente

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! This looks delicious! I love Asian flavors! I've often added a protein to a side dish to make it a meal. It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that looks so good! I love Asian flavored food!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha that little choy funny is so cute! It's not something I usually cook with but in a stir fry like this I'm sure it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I've only bought baby bok choy (at Trader Joe's of course). Thanks for another yummy recipe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious! Love Bok Choy and a good stir fry medley.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being Chinese, this dish really appeals to me. I love this classic recipe!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SOOOO excellent! Great job photographing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS