MINI CADBURY CREME EGG CUPCAKES

Aren’t they pretty? I know many of you are not Cadbury Creme Egg fans but these mini cupcakes are scrumptious! The mini egg hidden inside holds its shape but the middle takes on a more Carmel like taste and texture. While I don’t often use a boxed cake mix, I decided to doctor this up by adding pudding to the mix and altering the ingredients a bit. It makes for the moistest cake and tastes so much more like homemade. This makes a lot of batter so not only did I make cupcakes, I made a single layer 8x8 as well. I was so happy to find sweet pastel gel food colorings that make the prettiest color. I was tickled pink with how these cuties turned out. The perfect little mini Easter treat! So sweet! 



What you'll need

Mini Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
INGREDIENTS 
Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding 
4 eggs
1 cup canola oil 
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of Salt

Frosting 
1 stick unsalted butter, softened 
3-4 cups Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Almond extract 
1/8 teaspoon Salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven per directions for cupcakes on the back of the cake mix box. Mix all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a mixing spoon and stir just until dry and wet ingredients are combined. Unwrap the mini chocolate creme eggs. Line mini muffin tin. With a small spoon, spoon about half bath into each liner. Then place a mini egg in each, narrow part of egg up. Spoon enough batter onto just to cover. Since they are mini, I did reduce baking time by 8-10 minutes per the box. Test with toothpick when finished and adjust time as needed. For the frosting: With a mixer in a medium bowl, mix the butter, milk, vanilla & almond extract until creamy. Mix in the salt. Then, slow mix in the powered sugar in increments. Add more to less for desired frosting consistency. Divide into smaller bowls, depending in how many colors you want and add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl of frosting. When cupcakes are cool, frost as desired. 

If you want more detail, go to my Instagram and check out my Food Highlights for video of making the cupcakes.





HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY
SWEET PEEPS!!

35 comments:

  1. These are the cutest cupcakes I ever did see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm these look delicious and almost too perfect to eat! I love how you frosted them, they look like they came from an expensive cupcake shop! Well done my uber talented friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out fabulous, Andrea! So colorful and delicious! I could eat a couple for breakfast right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little treats. I do love those mini eggs and I can just imagine finding one in the center of a cupcake, YUM! Those frosting colors are perfect and the piping is so cute! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling. Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que lindos colores pasteles, se ven deliciosos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute & fun! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pastel frosting. My kids would love the Cadbury center!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! These sound AMAZING! I love the mini cup cake stands too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I was waiting for this post so I could make them for Good Friday when my family gets together! So yummy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give me all the cupcakes and no one gets hurt, haha. :) So cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just can't hardly stand how cute these are. I can't stop looking at them!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. THese are beautiful! And this time of year is B's favorite just because of those eggs! He would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cadbury Eggs are my kryptonite... I honestly could eat them all day long.. & basically have done just that. I bought a 4 pack last weekend & ate all 4 on Saturday. Oops.
    I love you're getting such use out of your little holders. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so sweet looking! I love the cupcake trays you got. I got one in blue, too! These cupcakes sound scrumptious! What a fun treat for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cupcakes look so cute and just perfect for Easter. I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and absolutely delicious looking! I've always had a soft spot for Cadbury creme eggs and mini eggs. Best chocolate creations in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable and look so good! I am going to have to make them for Easter!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  19. these look really nice. Perfect treat for Easter

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are the cutest cupcakes! I love the frosting colors and how fun that they have a Cadbury's egg inside! I would never have thought to try that. What a perfect Easter treat!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cupcakes are so cute! I love seeing them when you shared them in your stories. I just know my boys would love these! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  22. So not only are these darling, I know they must be mouth watering delish too. AND that meme at the bottom😂

    ReplyDelete
  23. pudding in the mix is SUCH a good idea, and I can't get over how CUTE these are. Love your colorful set-up, put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ummm, these looks so amazing!! Your recipes always make me the hit of every event I go to! Definitely making these for Easter! YUMMY!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkelandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am not typically a Cadbury egg fan, but I might just have to make an exception! These look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Reminds me of a lava cake. Thank you for sharing at Best of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Andrea, visiting from the Dishing It + Digging It Link Party! Love your cupcakes, so creative and perfect for Easter Brunch pinned too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those mini cake stands art TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We will love your mini cupcakes, just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a good week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  30. I actually do like Cadbury cream eggs and look forward to having at least one every Easter. Thanks for linking this post with us at #OMHGWW and hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are sweet! Love this idea. Thank for sharing on Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these - and they fit right in with my Easter themed features at Best of the Weekend. Congrats on being featured again! Thanks for joining us and have a great weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  33. I popped back over to let you know I am featuring your sweet little cupcakes at this week's Thursday Favorite things party! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Happy Weekend!
    https://www.shoestringeleganceblog.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  34. Featured your beautiful and delicious recipe at Funtastic Friday Link Party this weekend! https://twochicksandamom.blogspot.com/2019/03/funtastic-friday-221-and-easter-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS