PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA BAKED OATMEAL

I have never had baked oatmeal nor had I ever made it before. My husband is a huge fan of a very stiff oatmeal. I, on the other hand, like a fairly runny oatmeal, so I was not sure how old like an oatmeal in a cake type form. However, I have to say the flavor was delicious and the wholesome ingredients made the texture worth it to me!





What You'll Need

Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
INGREDIENTS
2 bananas, preferably very ripe.
2 large eggs
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup oat flour (any flour will do)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
  
DIRECTIONS INGREDIENTS
Do you heat the oven to 375°. Spray a 1.5-quart baking dish or 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray. And a large bowl mash the banana until liquid like, then add in the eggs peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir well. Next add in unsweetened almond milk and stir again. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, oat flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add this dry mixture to your wet ingredients until well combined. Pour the batter into prepared dish. Top with some banana slices. I brushed them with lemon juice so they would not get brown. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until firm. You may need a few minutes more. I like to top this with a dollop of peanut butter and a drizzle of additional maple syrup. 

If you cut the oatmeal into six pieces, your calorie count is 264 cal. Not bad for a wholesome, high protein filled breakfast or snack, LOL!


Ready to go in the oven




I’ve already made this twice, so good.

HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY!


xoxo

27 comments:

  1. I have never had baked oatmeal nor did I know to even try it this way. Sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish Andrea AND I think I may even be able to get my kids to eat it- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm, I think I need to try this! Looks super yummy! Have a terrific Tuesday fabulous friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! You know I love my baked oatmeal and peanut butter, but I have not yet put them together. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always on the look-out for portable breakfasts because I will never wake-up early enough to sit down before work. Totally saving this to my recipe collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I need this right now for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love baked oatmeal and don't make it enough! Yum! This sounds amazing with some pb on top! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried baked oatmeal - this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive never had baked oatmeal but I like mine fairly stiff too so I would probably like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks SO yummy- can I make this for dinner tonight? Haha- it just looks too good! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make this all the time :) my husband and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks perfect! I love my oatmeal more on the stiff side then topped with whipcream and eaten like cobbler.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess its almost like a oatmeal cookie - but you could really make this healthy - add in some protein powder. Hmmm... my mind is thinking about this. I'm all about making breakfast things ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saving this recipe!! This looks delicious, sweet friend!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love oatmeal here and this sounds like the perfect breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This looks and sounds delicious! I always freeze my bananas when they start to get overripe for recipes like this. It would be perfect to use up the couple that I have in my freezer now and get breakfast done for the week. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh this looks fabulous. I make steel cut oats with banana, peanut butter and honey with almond milk for breakfast all the time so I know this will be something I love. Thanks for sharing!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum, I just pinned this recipe. I will have to try, but first to find oat flour. Have a great week, Kippi #kippiathome

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yum! This sounds like delicious and filling dish! I can see from your recipe catalog that your family likes peanut butter about as much as mine! ;)
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy. I didn't even think to combine oatmeal and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think I've ever had baked oatmeal! I love that it's almost a bar and you can take it with you!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks delicious.. even my very picky husband will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds so good! I love oatmeal and peanut butter so this is calling my name. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks sooo yummy! Thanks for the recipe dear!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This will be a very special breakfast treat, can't wait to try it! Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh this looks and sounds so nice! I will have to have a go at making this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS