SHEET PAN MONGOLIAN BEEF

It is very rare that we have red meat at home. The occasional red meat I do have, is usually in a burger form at a restaurant now and then or the one steak I order a year at Ruth Chris. It’s not that I don’t like red meat, I love it! I just try to keep it in moderation for myself and my family. However, this Mongolian Beef recipe made my indulgence of red meat from the flank steak incredibly worth it! It was out of this world delicious! I first saw this recipe on Danielle's Blog talking about how much her family loved it and I know mine would loved it too. So, I decided to give it a try myself with some tweaks. What I love most about it? It’s one of those sheet pan meals that packs the flavor and is super easy clean up. 
It was so good that I did not even need rice or any kind of carb with mine.



What you'll need

Sheet Pan Mongolian Beef
INGREDIENTS 
1-pound flank steak
1-pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved 
1/4 cup cornstarch 
4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 teaspoons minced garlic
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons red cooking wine
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3-4 scallions, chopped

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 450°. Slice the flank steak against the grain into small thin strips. Toss the steak in a bowl with corn starch. Spread the trimmed green beans out on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil that has been melted. Sprinkle with some ground black pepper. Roast the green beans for five minutes. Push the green beans to the sides of the pan and spread the flank steak strips across the center in a single layer. Drizzle the steak with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and cook in the oven for 8 more minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the garlic, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, cooking wine and ground black pepper together. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and pour the sauce over the steak and green beans. Bake again for about another 7 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven sprinkle with the chopped scallions and serve.


Where are my Meat Lovers?
HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY!!


xoxo


30 comments:

  1. Oh yum Andrea! We loved the Mongolian Beef at PF Chang's- definitely have to try making this- thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-o. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must. Make. This. Now.
    I am so happy you shared this recipe, it looks soooooo good!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so scrumptious! I love the ease of sheet pan meals and now I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great idea! I love sheet pan meals!! Those flavors make a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love mongolian beef and how easy a sheet pan recipe is! I can't wait to try this!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! Yes, I'm trying to watch our red meat intake as well but it's so darn hard! Especially when Taco Tuesdays happen at least once a week! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! Bonus points for meals with easy clean up! Thanks for sharing another great recipe!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at one pan! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so yummie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh - the Where's teh Beef ladies :) good ole days. I just found in my box of teenage angst diaries - a button from Wendy's with that logo on it - haha #vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. TOO yummy! Love that this is contained in one pan, which makes cleanup so easy!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my husband would love this. Adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We don't eat that much meat on the regular too. This looks and sounds so good though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh this sounds delicious! And so nice that it is a sheet pan meal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting to try this since she mentioned it. I am going to have to make it soon when I get a hankering for red meat, don't have it that often either. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so delicious! #happynowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mongolian Beef is one of my favorite meals of all-time EVER and I'm absolutely terrified to try to make it myself for fear of ruining it. This recipe sounds pretty doable so I'm going to pin it and consider trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks amazing! I absolutely love asian food so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  20. PINNING!!! This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can harldy wait to try this. I'm always on the lookout for recipes with no wheat and no refined sugar. Pinned.
    Blessings to you and yours!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yum! One of my favorite Asian beef dishes... sounds awesome for a Sunday night dinner (or any dinner) but I have more time on the weekend to plan, shop, and cook.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Andrea, this sounds too good to be true! Can't wait to try it! Pinning. #PrettyPintastic

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks sooo good! Thanks dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that you have cooked this Mongolian Beef on a sheet pan, great idea! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us for our special St. Patrick's Day Full Plate Thursday! Have a great week and come back soon.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I need to try this version of it. I am soooo glad that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Andrea! This look absolutely delicious! I LOVE sheet pan recipes. I've pinned this one, and I'm going to be trying it for sure!

    Thank you so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, this is my kind of recipe! Love Asian inspired meals. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks delicious! I don’t eat much meat but I do indulge in it occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous19.10.22

    Just poured the sauce on… going in for the last 7 minutes! Can’t wait… smells so good in here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS