SEEING LEAVES...A FALL TRIP TO NORTHERN MICHIGAN

Gale force winds and Rain just do not mix with a frolicking in the leaves kind of weekend! Mr. Nine and I went on our annual trip to northern Michigan to our favorite town to not only view the leaves but to attend the beloved Fall Festival! Unfortunately, mother nature intervened, once again, remember the windy trip with my mom in August (Read HERE), and really didn’t allow us to do the Fall things we truly wanted to do. You know Mr. Nine and I, we made the most of it and it was relaxing to get away, but we’ve got a solution for next year in place!


Plus, can we talk about how the people that compose the leaf touring map in Michigan are liars, LOL! we both get emails from Pure Michigan and we always look forward to the yearly fall foliage forecast. Those emails had stated that the P could be a little early this year Because of the summer we had and that the leaves were at their peak where we were headed but they were wrong. My first full day up there we did travel little further north just to get a few pictures. I’m going to do next year is just watch the weather every single day there’s a stretch of fairly warm temps and sunshine with no rain or wind in sight we’re just going to head that way at the spur of the moment.
Travel outfit consisted of beloved stripes.
BUY SWEATER HERE // BOOTS HERE

Nonetheless, we were able to have our favorite meals at a favorite little restaurant and of course I have my beloved Bailey’s and coffee. 

Mr. Nine indulged me in using the remote control to get some pictures since I match with the leaves. And we laughed the whole entire time.
BOOTS HERE // SWEATER HERE // HAT HERE // EARRINGS HERE






AND I was super excited to get a mango margarita and yummy Mexican including chips with delicious queso. 

BUY WUBBY PULLOVER HERE


Saturday was a little bit of another story because that’s when the Gail force plans entered into the picture. It made it feel like winter and we felt so sorry for the small amount of people in the Parade. 

The Scottville Clown Band is awesome...
The band members come from all over Michigan and over 14 other states, from California, Tennessee, Florida and even New York. The members are a very diverse group, some doctors, firemen, police officers, bankers, and realtors. This hilarious group of very talented musicians come together many times throughout the year to share this passion for entertaining crowds and travel all over Michigan to strut their stuff.

We did indulge in our favorite Fries on the planet from Frankz and the Local Bakery Pretzel Bites and Beer at the Stormcloud Brewery for Oktoberfest.




This cracked us up!

What do you do when in our favorite Lake town, no better the weather, you bundle up to view the lake and the favorite Light House!! We have NEVER, and I do mean NEVER seen crashing waves like this on Lake Michigan. We felt like we were at the Ocean.
 

Yes, it was that COLD..with the wind, was like 30's..brrrr



Check out this video I took of the waves and 
the crazy guy trying to go out to surf





This is how we spend the rest of the Day/evening...cozy and ..did watch out Irish win!

Thank goodness I got at least one halfway decent pic what this year’s Giant Pumpkin winner, lol!

We went far enough North on Friday to at last see this!


Tradition on the way home included a stop at Miller's Fruit Market for honeycrisp apples and a picture by each year’s changing pumpkin display. This year's truck was not my favorite, lol
 

BUY SWEATER HERE

HAPPY NEW FALL WEEK PUNKINS!!

LINKING-UP with Creative Muster Party // Metamorphosis Monday// Tuesday Talk with Erika and Ashley // Love your Creativity // Hello Monday // Inspire Me Tuesday // Encouraging Hearts and Home


xo



41 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and Mr. Nine had a great trip even though the weather did not cooperate. I love both of your stripes sweater and how cute do you look with your yellow dolman one?! Whoa, that pumpkin is huge! That's at least a year's supply of pumpkin pie!! :) Happy Monday Andrea and wishing you a fabulous week ahead!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it wasn't exactly the trip you guys hoped for but you always make the most out of it! Leaf peeping can be so finicky - even here you have to catch it at the right moment! YOu should take a trip to VT next year to see the leaves! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a good time despite the weather. Those waves are scary!Yummy food, good drinks, and great company make for a wonderful time no matter what! You two are the cutest couple!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those waves are crazy! I'm glad you made the most of your trip! That's a great idea to go on the spur of the moment next year. I love your yellow sweater and that is such a cute shot of your and Mr. Nine!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are the cutest! And way to make the best of it, even if mother nature tried to stick a fork in it. Enjoy your week, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful!! Those waves though!! What a great mini trip! I am obsessed with fall foliage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun trip and the leaves look so pretty! We're going to Vermont next week and I'm worried we might be missing most of the foliage since everything was earlier this year!!

    Rosy Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe! What great pictures! I am glad y'all had a great trip even with the crazy weather! The leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I love your adventurous spirit! You definitely made the most of things and got some great photos despite the weather. I can't believe those crazy waves! And that HUGE pumpkin! We don't grow them like that in California, that's for sure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your love of Fall so much! You know how to soak it up and enjoy all that it has to offer - crazy winds or not!! It's only 8 am and I'm ready for dinner looking at all of the delicious food now, YUM!! Hope that your week is off to a fab start pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. From your photos it seems like you guys had an awesome time together despite the weather. The fall foliage is just beautiful and sounds like you had great food! Have a great day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys definitely made the best of it! The photos are wonderful and that food looks amazing! Thank goodness you had warm clothes for the chillier weather. The waves in the lake are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are the cutest. You make the best of it despite the weather and look adorable doing it. I LOVE that striped sweater, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh - those waves! That is crazy! Still, Michigan in any weather would be my favorite. So glad you guys were still able to enjoy and make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe how big those waves were! It looks like the Atlantic ocean! So crazy! I'm glad that y'all didn't let the weather ruin your plans, though, and your plan for next year sounds like a winner! Hopefully that will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness - those waves are NUTS!!! ... but make for a gorgeous picture!!!
    Those little scotties with the eggs on them - LOL!! Of course windy cold weather comes in in time for the parade. Hhmmph :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling photos of you and the Mr. I would love to take a trip to the mountains to see Fall. Just can’t my hubs to take me. Makes me sad. But He will take me to the beach without a flinch. Maybe I will see some pretty trees on the way down there. Haha.
    I was wondering if the fuzzy shirts will be in this year. I love them!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Those waves are crazy! It looks like you made the most of it even though the weather didn't cooperate. The food you had is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate when we plan a weekend away and it rains and is miserable the whole time but you sure did make the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an eventful weekend, though I'm sorry to weather didn't want to cooperate (it's not cooperating here either)! Also, I wanted you to know I bought the yellow sweater thanks to your rave review, and I am in LOVE. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Y'all look so cute in your fall colored clothes matching the fall foliage. BTW, I ordered the yellow/gold sweater in 3 colors and think I'm going to have to order this one now. So sorry the weather didn't cooperate with y'all but looks like you two made lemonade out of lemons. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Plan B sounds like a GREAT plan for next year!! Especially after the bummer the last two years, but you and Mr. Nine always make the best of it, like you said, with sweet smiles! Eek!! ONE day closer to Austin!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even though it didn't turn out the way you had hoped, it still looked like the best fall trip! And I see some pretty leaves for sure in these pics! :) I couldn't believe those winds at the beach either...so crazy! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. The best thing is your attitude about it Andrea!! There's no controlling the weather so at least you have fun anyways!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  25. i am glad you still have fun despite the weather!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bad weather doesn't get in your way, you are smiling right through it. I love that. Also, the waves looked menacing, don't you think. Brrr. This is such a fun little trip and I love that you guys enjoying the changing of the seasons so much, makes me think we should add something like this to our fall list.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  27. Y'all are darling! So glad you didn't let the weather ruin your time away and at least there was yummy food. I still can't believe that idiot surfer..holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You two are adorable. Love all the food and hot drinks - my kind of Autumn. Thanks for sharing Andrea. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bueno el clima no se prestó..pero me alegra ver que la pasaran tan bien..de eso se trata..ya sea de lluvia, sol, nieve...las estaciones son lindas y ustedes se miran muy felices. Me encantan esas fotografías otoñales..Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry the weather was not cooperative. But as usual, you made the most of it! I love you in that mustard yellow, and looks like you ate all my favorite food groups! We don't get fall foliage down here, it is just a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a perfect little fall trip- even though the weather didn't fully cooperate, that didn't stop you lovebirds. Couple goals!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks like you two made the best of it!! I love your outfits and would have joined you for the mango margarita and chips!! That’s so cool about the annual parade too! You guys are too cute!
    Xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  33. Coming from Katie's! When I see a post from anyone from my own state, I have to check in and get their take! Loved the wonderful lake scenes. It was rough up north this past week, wasn't it? The parade looks fun -- love small town parades. As lovely as it is, I'm not quite ready for this fall thing! ~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  34. The leaves you did see look great! I love those scottie puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Brrr! Can't believe you are already pulling out the heavy ammunition - your quilted coat. That water looked frigid!! But the photo of the lighthouse and the waves is so pretty. Would make a great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely pictures and a great job at making me want to leave the Wasatch Mountains of Utah to see what's up north! May I feature this post on #MyPostMonday? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fall is beautiful in Michigan. I have never been there during the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aw, yall have so much fun together! <3

    You are so gorgeous in yellow! bt really, all of the colors :D
    xoxoxo Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  40. The color is always two weeks behind along Lake Michigan in Northern Michigan than the rest of Northern Michigan. The warm lake waters make the difference. We have a place in Beulah. Have you checked out Lucky Dog, in Beulah? Great selection of taps and Ray, behind the bar is fantastic! We feel like we are in "Cheers"! We are really looking forward to the new Brewery Five Shores Brewing opening soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful. It looks like a wonderful trip. Michigan is a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS