FRIDAY FAVORITES...JANUARY BLUES BE GONE

I’m extra happy to see Friday because that means we’re getting through this longest month of the year faster. With all the boys back at school, life feels somewhat more subdued, but I miss them so much and I’m in that after holiday slump. We cannot let these January blues get us down, so let’s get right to some Friday Favorites.

1. My Boys
Not only are the holidays magical but they’re so joyous when I can have all my boys at home and really enjoy the time together. We taught them how to play rummy, had movie days, fun dinners out and lots of family time. It was great!


2. No Carb Snack
"Homemade Cheez-Its"
Easiest no carb snack in the world! Get the ultra thin cheese slices, any flavor, I used Colby Jack, cut them into fours and place them on parchment paper lined baking sheet. I add a little coarse sea salt on top. Bake in a 250° oven for 25 to 30 minutes and wa-la, you have homemade cheez it’s crackers with no carbs!



3. Week's Attire
Top HERE // Jeans HERE & HERE // 
Boots HERE & HERE




I shared this outfit on Instagram earlier this week, but I had to share it here, the leopard colors of the sweater are just so divine, and a perfect winter pick me up. And Mint Julep boutique, where the sweater is from, is offering $10 off your order. See below.

Sweater HERE // Skirt HERE
(BONUS: For $10 off your order from Mint Julep Boutique..Text the word MINT to 90243)

4. Blue and Black 
If January gives you the blues, just wear a bright blue color to lift your spirits! I totally love the bright royal blue. I feel it flatters every skin tone. In the summer, I like to pair it with white, but I thought it would be fun to pair it with black in the winter. I’ve seen lots of black and blue outfits and I love them. I also love adding a little leopard.

BUY Sweater HERE // Hat HERE // 
Boots HERE // Jeans HERE

More Inspo



5. Misc. Fun
POSTS OF THE WEEK QUEST BARS
Wednesday ~ Yumi Kim for the Win


QUEST BARS 
So, I am not a big bar girl. I feel like they are loaded with junk and empty calories even though they are supposed to be healthy. However, there are a few out there that I like when I need a protein pick me up And I don’t want to feel too guilty for indulging. My niece and I got to talking about protein bars and she recommended this chocolate sprinkle doughnut one. She said to heat it up in the microwave a tiny bit and it will be like dessert. It was super yummy, and I will be stocking up on these. I also tried a Pure Protein Chocolate Salted Caramel that Lisa recommended and think I may even like that one better.

BUY BARS HERE

TRADER JOE'S FIND'S
You may have seen on my Instagram stories, my latest trek up to Trader Joe’s. Here are six new to us items that I can say get the big thumbs up!

MAY Your weekend be full of yummy snacks and no blues unless it's a pretty piece of clothing, lol!

Linking up with  Friday Favorites  // High 5 For Friday

xoxo



39 comments:

  1. Loving that royal/cobalt blue color right now too- it looks amazing with your hair by the way....love all your Trader Joe's treats too...they are inspiring me to make a trip! Have a great weekend Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing in that blue! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of you with those handsome boys! that blue sweater is just stunning on you - it's one of my favorite colors. i love Quest bars - I really like the chocolate chunk but that chocolate donut one tastes exactly like a donut, doesn't it? Crazy!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make those homemade cheese crackers this weekend! What a great idea! That blue sweater is such a pretty color on you! Have the best weekend!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the white and blue outfit! I’m with you, throw on a bright color in the winter to make it through the weather! It looks like you had a wonderful holiday with your boys! Those Tikka apps from TJ are a huge favorite! Have a great weekend friend��
    Xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your house feels extra quiet right now with the boys back at school. Luckily January is more than half over and hopefully that means spring is around the corner. Have a great weekend, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay those cheese snacks are a genius idea--I did not know it was that easy. I will be making these very soon. It has been a while since I have been to Trader Joe's, but your favorites has me wanting to go soon! Have a wonderful weekend Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those january blues are a real thing!! I adore that blue!! I have many pieces in that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your boys are so sweet. Love all those pictures.

    Okay, what?!?! Stop with those cheese snacks!!! Putting them in the oven like that will change them to that yummy snack?!?! That would be PERFECT for my Leland who we try to keep lower carb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos of you and your boys, what a lucky lady you are! I am making those cheese snacks when I get home, they look delish! Purchading this blue sweater too, what a gorgeous shade!

    Have a wonderful weekend my beautiful friend!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that blue sweater on you. I may have to treat myself (again). Your boys are so handsome! Have a wonderful weekend, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I hope those January blues go away for you! I think the neck massager will help! LOL! I am LOVING your blue sweater!! I've been on the hunt for something that exact shade, I just need it to be lighter weight since I can't wear too many chunky sweaters here. :) And I am definitely going to make those cheez-its! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. January is flying by - I can't believe it is almost a month since Christmas. I love that lilac sweater and skirt on you. I hope you have a great weekend!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you share even the hard times. It helps me tremendously when I’m feeling down. You definitely create sunshine. You are such a beautiful light and you bring me so much joy and encouragement. So thankful for you. I’m going back I try to those back arms!! And def the cheesy snack!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love royal blue and black and combine it often! Totally making those cheese it’s this weekend!!!! I did some Parmesan crisps in the oven last weekend, but in really missing crackers so this is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The home made cheese its look amazing. Love the blue and black outfit. The Quest bars look good and omg I'm going to have to look for those latte bars at Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot wait to try the cheese recipe - I was so excited to see that when you posted on stories! Your sweet family together is just the happiest; you can tell how much you all love each other! Hope you have a great weekend pretty lady! XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Homemade cheese-it's for the win - I will have to try those! I love all your outfits that you shared this week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok...seriously on the homemade cheese its! That is crazy. I use to eat quest bars all the darn time but burned myself out. May have to grab a box of my faves again now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think those cheese-it's sound so delicious! Wearing bright blue to counter the January blues sounds so cool. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that blue color on you. I can't believe how simple the cheese snacks are. I can't imagine how quiet the house must feel after the boys leave. Grace will be on a school trip next week, so I will get a little taste of what it will be like next year! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is so quiet around here too! Why does January feel like the longest month?! I'm up for anything that brightens this cold month. I love that blue boho top on you! Those snacks look yummy and easy. I found those same apples at Aldi yesterday. Yum. I'm doing a TJ's post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mr. Nine has such a great smile!!! I just love the colors in that leopard sweater and the way you styled it. Beautiful. I'm going to find me one of those quest bars to try...soon. Have the best empty nest weekend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know how you feel about a quiet house! Me too. :( I LOVE cheeze it's and I'll have to try out your easy recipe to make them. I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the blue boho blouse! So many color and sleeve choices. This is such a cute spring outfit. Will get lots of wear here in California. Thank you for styling.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I so want to try those homemade cheeze-its. They look really good and healthy. Love your outfit options this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a good idea to pull out bright colors with these dreary skies. I am going to make those "crackers"! I've made recipes like this before, but none this easy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's a good idea to pull out bright colors with these dreary skies. I am going to make those "crackers"! I've made recipes like this before, but none this easy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those knits on you! I really like the purple leopard one but that bright cobalt blue one is my fave! it's a colour that's around so much and I have a cobalt knit I can't wait to pull out when autumn arrives here!

    Hope you have a fun weekend planned! We have a birthday party to go to today :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG...you can make cheez its that way?? How easy is that??
    I just love that pleated skirt and leopard sweater!! It reminds me of an outfit I've worn (https://www.jtouchofstyle.com/experimenting-ordering-clothes-from-amazon-vs-online-store/experimenting-ordering-clothes-from-amazon-vs-online-store)....I need to try it with silver heels like you. Your version is so much better.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  31. NEED TO MAKE THOSE CHEEZ-ITS NOW! I seriously can't believe how easy they are! What a great idea! Your cobalt sweater is so gorgeous! I love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that pink leopard sweater on you. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad you enjoyed the holidays with your boys. I'm definitely going to have to try making the No Carb Snack
    "Homemade Cheez-Its".

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that royal blue sweater! It is one of my favorite colors and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. SO many great ideas and things to try! Gotta try those crackers! Love the blue top, the blue and lilac sweaters..and your boys! Thanks for sharing.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  36. My mind is blown over those homemade cheez its!!!! giving that a try this week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG the Cheez Its!!!! So freaking brilliant! I'm trying this soon! I love cheese so much and baked cheese is going to be divine!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really don't like Janurary, too long and grey! I need a pick me up. Your vibrant blue sweater looks so good on you, beautiful with the black jeans and the leopard booties. Hubby and I eat cheeze its, so thanks for the recipe, I like easy and tasty ones!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love having my grown kids back home for visits too. Such special times! These homemade Cheez-Its - yes, I will have to make these. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS