MINI CHICKEN & WAFFLES...Brunch Bonanza Begins

Brunch is a beautiful thing! How awesome is it to tackle two meal times in one fell swoop with the most delectable of good eats! Yep this girl loves Brunch! So I am dubbing the month of January as "Brunch Bonanza!" Each Tasty Tuesday this month will featuring a great recipe to serve at Brunch! Yum  



I love Brunch so much I even have a shirt dedicated to the occasion, lol

We had a delightful brunch over the holidays and this first recipe I'm showcasing today that I served was a brand new concept which I just recently heard about: chicken and waffles!

Only, I was bound and determined that with so many other seriously yummy eats, I wanted a mini version. Right away the little Eggo mini waffles popped into my mind. I have the perfect baked chicken recipe, so I decided to tweak it a bit, and cut the chicken in mini pieces to serve on top of the mini waffles. Not only did they turn out adorable, but delicious as well!


Here was our Bunch Menu

I have Mr. Nine to thank for toasting all the waffles and pulling them apart for me while I was readying other things for the brunch.


What you'll need
Mini Chicken & Waffles
Ingredients 
3 to 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon Lawry's or Morton's seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika 
Milk to cover chicken pieces
1/2 stick butter
1 package mini Eggo waffles, toasted
Maple or Pancake syrup 

Directions 
Preheat the oven to 400°. The night before, cut your chicken about 1 to 2 inch pieces and place in a glass bowl that has a lid. Cover the chicken with milk, making sure all pieces are saturated, cover and put in the refrigerator for overnight. In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, place the flower and all the seasonings. In a 9 x 13 glass dish, cut up the half stick of butter in small pieces and place in the bottom of the dish. Stick in the preheating oven until the butter is melted and sizzling. Drain the milk off of the chicken and pour the chicken into your bag with the flour and seasonings and shake until pieces are coated. Place the pieces in the 9 x 13 pan on top of the melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and turn the chicken pieces over and bake for 20 more minutes. During those last 20 minutes, toast the waffles and when the chicken is done simply place a piece of chicken on top of the waffle, cover with syrup and/or add another mini waffle on top to make a slider.

You can just eat these yummy homemade nuggets alone as well



HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY SWEET FRIENDS!!

Linking up with Tasty Tuesdays // Tuesday Talk // Wonderful Wednesday's Blog Hop // Full Plate Thursday // Recipe Sharing Party~YUM // Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday // Two Uses Tuesday // Creative Muster Party // Wow Us Wednesdays // Thursday Favorite things Blog Hop //Best Of The Weekend Wake Up Wednesday // Handmade Hangout // Simple and Sweet Fridays // Throwback Thursday // Share It // Too Cute Tuesday // Sweet and Simple Fridays // Grace At Home // Inspire Me Monday// Creativity Unleashed // Two Cup Tuesdaye // The SITS Girls // Clever Chicks Blog Hop // Snickerdoodle Sunday // Dishing It & Digging It // Feathered Nest Friday // Weekend Potluck // Pretty Pintastic Party // Metamorphosis Monday // The Scoop //  Brunch Recipes Celebrate 365
xoxo

49 comments:

  1. Anything mini is so cute!! I love the presentation on this Andrea and it really looks like the perfect brunch app!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks so good and I will definitely be making it! I love brunch too - so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious and I bet it was a real crowd pleaser. My kids are finally getting old enough to "wait" for breakfast so I'm looking forward to your brunch recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love brunch and I loooooove the pic of you and Mr. Nine! I can't wait to see all of this brunch bananza. I am definitely making these little cuties at a gathering soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest tees! There's nothing better than a good brunch and I love chicken and waffles! I will definitely going to have to make this!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! And I love that you have a tee dedicated to brunch :) Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen these mini chicken and waffles and they are just the cutest! Perfect for brunch. And so is your shirt! Happy New Year, Andrea!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so amazing! What a fun idea...totally keeping this in mind for our Christmas morning next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have got to admit that I have never had chicken with maple syrup but I imagine it goes really well! My kids would love these mini waffles. Popping over from #TicklemyTastebudsTuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok you had this Southern Diva at biscuits and gravy, but waffles and chicken, too? Would you believe I've never tried it before, although I have heard of the yummy entree! Your menu looks like it is fit for a king and so Delish! Yum, yum, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These would be SO fun to make for a brunch or breakfast party! And as a fellow brunch lover, I'm very excited about your series this month. Can I put in a request for a Bloody Mary recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting....waffles and chicken? Never heard of such a thing..would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brunch is my absolute favorite!! Haha, your hubby is too funny in that one pic. Such a great tee, and these mini chicken and waffles are making me hungry! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM! I am always hungry for breakfast/brunch foods, so this is something I'm definitely down for!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love little snack sized foods. So much easier to get more down ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so yummy! Love the smaller version.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok this is seriously so perfect for hosting breakfast or brunch at your house! It's the perfect bite size so people can eat as much or as little as they want!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh this classic is awesome and your take on it is even better! I think I should totally add this to the menu in '17. My kids would adore it. Brunch is awesome because like you said - 2 meals all done in one! I like to make "Linners" too late lunch but in time for an early dinner! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously! You come up with the BEST recipes...Yum! And how did I not know that eggos had mini waffles? Where did I go wrong in life? hehe...I too have a shirt that says "let's brunch" :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just can't get behind chicken & waffles because for someone who will eat pretty much anything...I hate when syrup gets on my meat...like even bacon or sausage lol. I love that you had a whole menu for your family brunch. That's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, this sounds good. I would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never had chicken and waffles, but this recipe has convinced me that I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a new found love for chicken & waffles and your bite-size recipe is genius! You can get your fix without eating a whole plate served at restaurants. Perfect for brunch parties and I adore your brunch shirt with hubby photo-bombing in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gooooodness, yes yes yes please! I love anything mini sized and those chicken and waffles sound and look so good! Love the Mr in the background :) have a good day beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so cute and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look so good but I'll let you have my share...my poor sugar level would skyrocket.... That hubby of yours is a hoot...love your "brunch" shirt... Have a splendid day...coooold here... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. We love our chicken and waffles down here in the south and this little mini version is just so cute! Your chicken nuggets look like my MIL's. She has a Chick-Fil-A copycat recipe and these look just like those! I bet they are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love if you shared this with Smell Good Sunday!
    https://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2017/01/smell-good-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I tried chicken and waffles at a local restaurant for the first time recently and now I'm hooked. These look perfect. I will be trying them at our house soon and I'm hoping my grandchildren will love them as well. I'll let you know! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore this "mini" menu! I'd eat til I was sick and love it!!! I found you at the Recipe Sharing Party. Thanks for sharing.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ tumbleweedcontessa.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Seems I have been dieting all my life and have always wanted to try chicken and waffles but never allowed myself to. Times awastin', I am going to make this recipe and enjoy it. Thank you for sharing. These look easy (glad they use frozen wafflettes) and delish.

    ReplyDelete
  32. THESE ARE SO CUTE; I have sort of a goal to try chicken and waffles cause they seem to be such a classic food.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your brunch sounds absolutely delicious. My husband really likes chicken and waffles and can't wait to make these on our next brunch get together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  34. These look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love brunch too, what's not to love!! These chicken waffles sound really great, I've never tried the combi, but can't wait to!! Thanks so much for sharing at Sweet Inspiration this week, happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a great brunch idea! Thanks for linkin' up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, I love the idea of making these bite-sized! So fun! Thanks for sharing with us at #FridayFrivolity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is a great idea for brunch! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great brunch idea, we just love Chicken and Waffles. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  40. My son is always asking for Chicken and Waffles. I will have to give this a try, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have some homemade waffle in my freezer begging to be made into this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love chicken and waffles and these minis are just the right size!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oooh YUM, and your shirt is adorable! #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have seen similar recipes before - but this one seems easiest and healthiest since the chicken is baked instead of fried. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love this idea and it has been nagging at me to make it! I did just a simple version at a family party, but I am definitely going to try your homemade chicken version soon. I added your recipe to a collection of mini appetizers that I love on my blog here: www.3winksdesign.com with a link back to your site. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. wow,i love waffles and it is really tasty. i love it. here is describe the method in good manner.

    ReplyDelete
  47. oh my goodness! Howfun is this for a brunch! This would be the hit for sure! Love it! Thanks for sharing at out Brunch Week Link Party @ Celebrate 365 Blog Party

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS