BUTTERFINGER BLISS BARS


 When I was pregnant, I craved Butterfinger Blizzards from DQ. 
I never eat them now but when I saw a package of Butterfingers, my baking wheels started spinning, so I had to try a sweet treat of some kind seeing as I have a house full of boys who love butterfingers! These were such a hit, they were all devoured within 24 hours. This recipe is old but love pulling it out from time to time, ya know, when the craving for a Butterfinger hits. 
Yum  


I am all about substituting ingredients to make these babies less calorie laden. And guess what, you cannot even taste the difference. My husband even thought they were better this less fat and calories time around.
Now, let me tell ya, there is bliss in less calories!!

What you'll need-the I Can't Believe it's Not Butter sticks are terrific, tender baked goods every time!!
BUTTERFINGER BLISS BARS
INGREDIENTS
Crust-
16 whole nutter butter cookies or any other PB sandwich cookie
1/4 cup melted (1/2 stick) "I Can't Believe It’s Not Butter"

Cheesecake Filling-
1 (8 oz. Brick) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar/stevia blend (I use Domino and love!)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
6 fun size Butterfinger chocolate bars

Topping-
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons "I Can't Believe It’s Not Butter" stick

 DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x9 or 8 1/2 x 11 square dish with parchment/waxed paper and set aside. Grind nutter butter cookies in a food processor until the consistency of graham cracker crumbs or be like me and put them in a gallon bag and smash with a meat mallet. Pour in melted butter and mix. Press into prepared dish and set aside.
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla and flour. Finely chop butterfingers and fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over top nutter butter crust and bake for 18-22 minutes or until cheesecake has set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until completely chilled.

Pour chocolate chips and butter into a small bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds. If your chocolate is almost melted, don't put it back into the microwave, just keep stirring, the residual heat will melt them. Spread melted chocolate on top of the bars evenly and place back into the refrigerator 5-10 minutes to harden the chocolate. Remove from refrigerator and using the parchment, remove the entire block of bars from the pan. Cut into bars and serve.  I like to cut into 36 small bars. Store in the refrigerator. Grab one quick, they'll be gone before you know it!



P.S. I am so honored to be the Blogger Spotlight over at KitchenThy.Me. Go check it out! Lots of Great recipes on that site! 

HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY

39 comments:

  1. Yum. I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you ship a batch to Georgia?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!!! Girl, you are bad for my waistline but good for my heart, lol! These look so very yummy I need to try them. I am so thrilled you are featured on another blog and I am heading there now to check it out and show you some love friend!!
    Have the best Tuesday!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being featured!!! You are the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! No wonder these are a hit with the boys. I know my boys are going to love them too! And yay for the Kitchen Thyme love. I've been seeing some familiar recipes come across my screen on social ;-) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so good! I haven't had a Butterfinger in forever! I also really want a blizzard now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a huge butterfinger fan, but this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Word! We are eating light here at our house right now but I'm saving this recipe. Anything to do with Butterfingers has to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Andrea! Your BUTTERFINGER BLISS BARS look amazing! You can't beat that peanut butter and chocolate combo!

    You're getting some sweet comments from your friends/fans on your Blogger Spotlight Interview. Take a look: https://kitchenthy.me/living-on-cloud-nine/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your desserts always look amazing! Lucky boys in your house!! I love Butterfingers and you've taken them to a whole new level with these bars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my husband would love me forever if I made these for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And my mouth is watering! I love that you used Nutter Butters for the crust, and I’m all for making small changes to save on calories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bliss is what I feeling looking at these - looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so decadent and yummy! Can I have one for breakfast? Haha.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. This certainly looks blissful!! And nutter butters are one of my favorite cookies. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, do I love a butterfinger bar!!!! Bliss indeed. Funny, I don't recall seeing them on my porch this morning either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy cow this sounds so delicious! I love butterfingers and I love that you lightened it up! I forgot my breakfast today and now I want one of these stat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had better believe I will be making these soon! My family loves anything with peanut butter! I find sometimes recipes taste better with lighter ingredients as well. I made oreo fluff the other day and had to use the regular pudding mix. It was so much more sweet we didn't like it as much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, bliss for sure! I love butterfingers.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Lawd, Andrea... you're killing me. I just finished a WW ice cream and now I am not in the least bit satisfied after looking at those butterfinger treats. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um, seriously. You are KILLING me with all of these yummy bar recipes. Especially when I just want to make the salted caramel ones again and again... I love butterfingers, these sound just perfect!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my goodness, these look sooo good. I have copied and pasted the recipe and will be making them soon. I'll thank you for the calories! :o)) But, at least you cut the calories a bit. Glad to be back visiting in blogland. Happy Easter week my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my you've outdone yourself with this recipe! I love LOVE butterfinger bars. I can only imagine how amazing these taste! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my! Those do look amazing. Pinned and I can not wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh sweet Jesus....those look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness! Those look wonderful. My daughter loves Butterfingers, I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh these look tempting! I'm having such a naughty week after my daughters wedding. I might add these in too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have to be the most popular mom on both campuses! Of course I had to send this along to Alana. Her colleagues are well-fed...ha! xoxo P.S. We got 10.2 inches of snow on Saturday. All gone now...

    ReplyDelete
  29. These look and sound perfect. x Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on being blogger spotlight at KitchenThy.Me! What a great honor and honestly with recipes like these, I don't see why you wouldn't be. You recipes are so easy to follow and the final product are always so yummy to eat. I am a big fan of butterfingers and I can't wait to try this recipe.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. How yummy and decadent! Can't wait to try them. Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness, I am in love with these at first sight. They look so good! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for sharing your special post with us at Full Plate Thursday! Have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Our whole entire family would love these!! They sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness, these look AWESOME! Butterfingers are my favorite--I've got to try these!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yep, another recipe of yours I'll be printing out!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look nice, gonna save the recipe! :) We get Butterfingers in the UK and I like them.

    P.S. Sorry for posting twice, wrote something wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Well now my Butterfinger craving has really hit! Yummm
    #showandtelllinkparty

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mmmm...Butterfinger is my favorite candy bar. Thanks for sharing at Celebrate365!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS