BOW TIE LASAGNA

I have no idea why I never use bow tie pasta. It’s so cute. It’s light yet hearty at the same time. One reason is probably because I cannot find bow tie in whole wheat and I usually only buy whole wheat pasta but one trip to the store I accidentally got this box of bow tie instead of whole wheat elbows and decided to develop a couple recipes with it. The first one up is just a simple lasagna recipe. I love to make dishes like this ahead of time because when I serve it the next day or two, it’s soooo much better. This one was made to have after one of our son’s games, just dish out and heat up. 
Yum  



 What you'll need

BOW TIE LASAGNA
INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound ground turkey 
1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 jar marinara or pasta sauce
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste 
1 (12 oz) box bow tie pasta 
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 egg
1/2 (16 oz) tub ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (8oz) package mozzarella cheese or an Italian blend, divided 


DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 375°. Cook meat, onion and skillet in a large pan until no longer pink. Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add jar of sauce and simmer on low Meanwhile cook noodles according to directions, when done, drain and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. In a medium bowl, mix egg, ricotta, sour cream and half of the cheese until well blended. In a 2 quart dish, layer meat sauce, bow ties, all of ricotta mixture, meat sauce, bow ties and more meat sauce. Top with the rest of cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. 


I just made a 2 quart baking dish of this but if you want to do a big 9x13, I’d double it. This would be a great meal to have those little Mini Cannoli Cups I showed you last week.

HAPPY TASTY TUESDAY FRIENDS!!

AND in case you missed it, since many of you requested it, the Walk-In Closet Tour was yesterday.

xoxo
Hey Guys...

31 comments:

  1. That looks heavenly! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm this looks delicious! I never use bow tie pasta either but they are so dang cute. Great idea to use them in this dish!
    Happy tasty Tuesday my friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the bow ties instead of fussing with trying to layer the lasagna noodles! This looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL! I could eat my screen right now! Seriously! I eat pizza for breakfast and this peri-menopausal Mama is a CARB QUEEN!! I never thought about using bow tie for my lasagna recipe before and I buy whole wheat, too! I hope you made this when all the men were home because I bet they would devour it! Happy Tuesday, Tootsie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea to use another shape of noodles besides actual lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bow ties! They're just FUN! I never thought to make lasagna with them! Thanks for the inspiration my clever friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little twist. I always love bow tie pasta. Makes me feel so DAPPER ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, girlfriend, we have family coming next week and I was just in the kitchen going through recipes trying to find somethings to make. Well, I'll look no further, I'm going to do this for one of our meals. What a neat twist on lasagne. Thanks my dear!

    AND, if you could possibly resend me the questions from TBB for May I would so appreciate it. I KNOW I put that email in a safe place but for the life of me I cannot find it and I so enjoy participating in that link up. Thanks a million!!

    Have a terrific Tuesday terrific gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making me SO hungry!!! This looks so darn good, and makes me wonder why I don't cook more?? You just can't get a good looking meal like that anywhere else. And what a cute idea to use the bow ties! Hope you have the best week, gorgeous!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure why I haven't thought to use other noodles than lasagna noodles for this dish?!?! They would be so much easier to work with! And you are so right, pasta is ALWAYS better as reheat. Hope you are having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I probably should not have read this post BEFORE going to the gym.. haha. Anyways!@@ Looks delicious!! I love a good baked pasta. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the yummiest recipes, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our kids LOVE bowtie pasta! For some reason they are way more inclined to eat a dish with bowtie than any other pasta! It hasn't ever occurred to me to use it in lasagna! So smart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius! I would have never thought to use bow tie pasta but do you know how many times I could go for a lasagna and I don't have the noodles in stock. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll just call this "Bowsangna" haha. Looks delicious!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great idea! This has me in the mood for red sauce and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes to this. So much easier than boiling the long lasagna noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bow tie pasta is such a cute twist :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so, so good. I always use bow tie pasta when I make pasta con broc. I love the idea of layering it to make lasagna. I need to try this!! I've tried so many of your recipes and love them. I think the recent recipes of yours I've tried have been your cheesy chicken casserole and the crustless spinach quiche! Both were winners!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun idea using bow tie noodles instead! They are my favorite to use.

    I recently started a new link up on my EyeLoveKnots blog, and would love if you came to link up! Here is the current one: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2018/04/super-crafty-sunday-link-up-4-cotton.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carly Jo would surely love this! Bowtie is her favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks and sounds SO delicious! I haven't made lasagna in a few years. Love using Ricotta cheese. I need to try this recipe maybe this weekend. Pinning to remind me! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this idea, Andrea! Totally making this next week! Thanks for sharing...stopping by from #FridayFrivolity!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have to try this! Pinned the recipe for later... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great Lasagna Dish! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday for the party this week. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great twist on classic lasagna. Pinned for later. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love lasagna, so when I see a new recipe I just have to check it out. This one looks like a keeper. Thank you for sharing at Oh My Heartsie Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have everything I need to make this, it's going on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks so good! I never thought to use bow tie pasta or sour cream. Will have to try it now! Coming from Farmhouse Friday! Pinned!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS