TRADER JOE'S SUMMER FINDS

Yep, I did it again, I made a trip up to Trader Joe’s, my 3rd and I love it more each time!

With this third trip, I wanted to get several things that were new either to the store itself or to us. So, I’ll share a few of those and my thoughts on them as well as some favorites that will always be repeats each trip. I literally about screamed when the checkout girl told me that there is talk of getting one closer to where we live. I would be in heaven!

Cheese Tapas
Not only are these cut in cute little triangles, but these white cheeses are going to be perfect for the red white and blue charcuterie board I’m going to be making and sharing with you all soon. 


Assorted Crackers
And of course, you have to have crackers to go with that cheeseboard. This box of assorted crackers is so much cheaper than my regular grocery store.


Unexpected cheddar cheese. 
 I have been hearing everyone raving about this and the other day my mom asked me if I had tried mine yet and she didn’t really care for it. Please note it crumbles like crazy, but the flavor is, well, I am not sure...unexpected!


Egg Frittata
I am obsessed with the egg white bites from Starbucks and I heard that these are reminiscent of those. While they are not quite as good as the Starbucks I version, they are mighty tasty and make for a perfect protein filled breakfast or snack.


Lemonade
My boys absolutely love lemonade. However, what I don’t like about it is all the sugar. Starbucks has this and a pink lemonade version that are sweetened with the all-natural Stevia and it’s the blend of tart and a tad bit sweet. Little too tart but good. Another Purvia packet please...lol


Butternut Squash 
I have really been into roasting vegetables. My favorites are sweet potatoes and a cauliflower broccoli mix. However, I recently heard someone say that butternut squash is delicious roasted.I am not a fan of cutting up butternut squash because it can be hard. This solves my problem and these little chunks are perfect and so tasty roasted with some olive oil, salt and pepper.


Cauliflower Gnocchi
This is a new favorite because I used it for me and saved some calories this way. Be sure to sauté it in butter for crispness or it will be soggy.


Bruschetta and Marinara 
These are two of my favorite Trader Joe products and often go hand-in-hand. The marinara is perfect for my turkey meatballs, or spaghetti, or if there’s no time for homemade lasagna sauce, etc. Often times, in addition to using the bruschetta for Italian bread toast, I love put it on top of all of these dishes for a very fresh tomato taste.


Brookie
My family is in heaven combining a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie! Mr. Nine had one on the end and just said it was OK and that I could probably make a better version but the second day we both had one from the middle and they were utterly delicious!


Oat and Greek Yogurt Sandwich Cookies
I am a sucker for any creme inside a sandwich cookie. I thought that these sounded delightful with a yogurt filled cream and the girl at the checkout said they are very delicious. The cookie itself is a little crisper than I would like but with a cup of tea in the afternoon, these hit the spot with just the right amount of sweetness.


Meyer Lemon Cake Mix
Again, another item very reminiscent of Starbucks and their lemon pound cake. However, this one takes the cake so to speak as it is even better! The perfect taste of lemon with a wonderful sugary glaze top! Another sweet treat great with Tea or coffee! This is also great for company.


Lemon Cookie Thins
And since we love Lemon, my mom got these and shared with me. Again, so delicious with a cup of afternoon tea.


Almond/Peanut Butter Cups
I was completely sold on the dark chocolate peanut butter cups from a trip before, especially when kept in the refrigerator. However, I’ve been hearing a lot of people talk about the almond butter cups. They are absolutely delicious, but I have to say the peanut butter ones are still my favorite. And you get a lot more in the container, LOL!


Peanut Butter Cartwheel Cookies
Another delicious cookie from Trader Joe’s! My family is peanut butter crazy, so these are right up their alley.


Guilt Free Guacamole
And I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do a Trader Joe’s post without mentioning my favorite item there and probably one of my favorite things to eat on the entire planet! The guilt free guacamole is out of this world. Made with Greek yogurt, the taste is absolutely divine and the calorie, and fat content kept very low. Unfortunately, it’s perishable and doesn’t last more than a few weeks in the fridge so I can’t stock up on too many. And I could kick myself because I had three tubs of this in my car but put one back. Since I can pretty much eat this entire tub in 2 sittings with salty tortilla chips, I so wish I had gotten that third tub of this amazing guac! 


My other top 5 favorites would be the sweet potato fries the cookies called Pinks & Whites, the Spinach-Artichoke dip and the Mandarin Orange Chicken, but I usually don’t that but my family LOVES it!!

A bit of TJ trivia. The company was started as an Aldi in Germany by the father of two brothers, but they got in a fight and instead of combining one unified franchise, they each operate their own…Now one has Trader Joe’s and the other has Aldi. They are not owned by the same parent company and word on their connection is tight lipped.

I literally had 8 bags full. If you have products you love, drip them in the comments for my next visit. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, I am sorry, and I feel ya. But keep a running list, like I always did because you never know when one may pop up!
  


HAVE A SUPER HAPPY DAY!


xo

41 comments:

  1. Great finds! Love trader joe and have to cross the border to get to one! All those cookies are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many yummy treats at TJ's I have to really be careful - it's easy to indulge! I need to buy those PB cups. I really liked that Meyer Lemon cake - I love a lemon treat!
    Guess what I am making for dinner tonight - the night before Nolan's tonsil surgery? Yep, Andrea's S & S Chicken!!! His request of course!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny how an aged cheddar like that tastes nothing like the blocks you get at the grocery store. And I do wish I had a TJ's closer. The closest one to us is in St. Louis and that is a couple hours away. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great finds! I'm not a fan of the unexpected cheddar, despite it's huge fan base. I don't care for the crumbly texture. That guac dip is to die for! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those peanut butter cups are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cheese sampler would be great to have on hand for an impromptu get together. I need to try the egg frittata and those meyer lemon cookies!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trader Joe's is just the BEST! We LOVE the cauliflower gnocchi! Their cookies are also all SO good!

    Rosy Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL your meme at the end is too funny. Great reviews here! I will say Unexpected cheddar grew on me. At first I wasn't that impressed either but now I love it slightly melted over Morningstar farms veggie sausage. I will have to try the Cheese Tapas next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you can believe it - I have never shopped at Trader Joe's. We don't have any close to where I live. Those brownie/cookies look good.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I know where I'm going after work today - TJ's run!! Have you tried the Gorgonzola gnocchi?! It's amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I need to make a TJ's run! Those lemon cookie thins and the Brookie's look DELSIH <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a trader Joe's near us now, but we still don't go there much. After seeing this display of wonderfulness, I think we will have to get over there.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love my TJ's!!! I always stock up when I go too. A tip on the cauliflower gnocchi is to defrost them a little in warm water/microwave 2 minutes in water, drain and dry and then bake on parchment lined paper with a little spray of cooking spray (I like TJ's coconut oil spray). Bake for 15 minutes at 430F and then flip and bake another 15 minutes or so. They come out crispy and perfect with no oil/butter! My hubby loves the turkey meatballs and turkey burgers! The half baked ficelle bread is another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The vegan kale pesto is delicious (love it with the cauliflower gnocchi which I like to roast - it gets crispy on the outside, but still soft on the inside!), the 3 layer hummus, the plantain chips, peppered turkey bacon, chicken shwarma, tabbouleh...goodness the list could go on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I need to remember to pick up that cauliflower gnocchi next time I go! I love the southwest chopped salad, roasted garlic grinder and taco seasoning. Can't wait to hit up TJ's this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love TJ's and have one near me...one day when I was buying the Brookies the cashier told me to put them in the microwave for 15 seconds, and boy does that make them fresh, moist and good! So remember that for next time!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trader Joes!!! I LOVE their cauliflower gnocchi - it's our favorite from there. We do that with their rosemary ham. Omg. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  18. TJ's is my favorite store to food shop! I went on Saturday and filled up 4 bags of food. I love their salads and they artichoke dip, eggplant dip, salsa and chips. I can't wait to go back again in a few weeks. I like all of the items you bought. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, YUM! I need to try that guilt free guacamole, because eating decent during the summer is hard enough! Ha!! So, I can enjoy my guacamole and feel a little better about it. :) Oh man, I need to get those lemon thins and the Oat and Greek Yogurt Sandwich Cookies! THey'd be great with my hot tea :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oat and yogurt cookies melt in your mouth! This is not a version of an oatmeal cookie...it tastes almost like fresh baked!

      Delete
  20. I will be trying those egg bites! How have I not seen those?! I seriously love their cheese. My favorite is the wine soaked one. I cannot remember exactly what it is called. And all the sweets you got look so good! I have to be careful in there...

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was so thrilled to find crinkle cut butternut squash fries at our grocery store this week; as much as I love that roasted butternut squash taste trying to peel and cut them myself was so much work. We have a trader joes about an hour away and I think one day soon my boys and I will have to take a drive; it would be something totally new for them and I still remember how creamy and wonderful their hummus was from before I had kids! (and had time to drive there more often).

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bought that guac per your recommendation and I sooo wanted to try those whoopie sandwiches but my husband made me wait since we were taking everything out to Graeagle. But I will be trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! What a bunch of goodness. We have a Trader Joe's close so I think I need to take a trip over there. That cauliflower gnoochi looks delicious...as well as everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A brownie AND cookie mixed together?! Umm...sign this girl up ASAPY! I wish I had a TJ's by us, but the closest one is a drive down the freeway, and just not worth the Cali traffic for me. Love all of these finds! Now I'm so super hungry! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cutting up butternut squash really is tough! That is a nice option! I can't wait to see your charcuterie board!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm with your mom on the Unexpected cheese. I do like the taste, but it's hard to eat since it is so crumbly. I've got to try that lemon loaf/cake mix and some of the other sweets. YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am gluten intolerant, so some of my choices may not be your fav. I love the gluten free chocolate cupcakes. The frozen mango chunks are good, especially only slightly melted. They are like sorbet. The orange vinegar is great on a summer salad with a good unfiltered olive oil. Both at Trader Joe’s. The gluten free ginger chunk cookies are amazing. Not gingerbread, ginger chunks. Try the honey Greek yogurt. Dessert- like and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, and the bread and butter pickles! Great on a chicken sandwich. The Colombian cold brew coffee concentrate is a stock item for iced coffee at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  29. We like to shop in Aldi every now and again. They've always got a great selection of unusual items. Generally I do like their 'nibbles' and chocolates!! Oooh their chocolate selection at Christmas time is the best!!!
    Hugs
    Suzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. We are obsessed with the cauliflower gnocchi here too and yes you are right about the butter- olive oil works well too! Love your finds- need to make another trip soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Every time I see posts like these, I just get so man we dont have one close to us :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. Trader Joe's is one of my favorites! I need to look for that butternut next time. I can't stand cutting it up. I love making a butternut mac n cheese. I almost picked up that gnocchi the last time I was there. Good to know about sauteing it. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  33. I did not know that about Aldi and Trader Joe's! My kids are asking for the watermelon cucumber drink they have at TJ's in the summer, so I have to head back there soon to see if they have it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The gnocchi is one of my favorites! I love it in the air fryer!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Our nearest TJ is an hour and a half away, but my son and his wife live nearby and they shop there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Trader Joe's has some killer finds! I need to try that cauliflower gnocchi- and great tip on the butter!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  37. The Tapa Cheese sampler is a must have in our house. Only problem is it goes so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The unexpected cheddar is a favorite. It is amazing on TJ's version on a Wheat Thin cracker with their balsamic glaze drizzled over the cheese crumbles on the cracker. Amazing appetizer/snack.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love shopping there especially for desserts. They have the best selection!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. So many delicious things!! I love the butternut squash and lemonade but now I see some cookies I have to add to my next run!!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS